DO YOU SWEAR MORE THAN BEFORE???

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Following the biblical principle of "all things to all persons", I swear when in the appropriate company but not at work.

• amac
    amac

I agree with the likes of Blondie and Dutchie on this topic. Although, I may use an expletive simply as an exclamation, I rarely use them in discussion. I would much rather work on my vocabulary than use swear words as a crutch, which is all I see them as.

• minimus
    minimus

I think some people swear in such a way that it actually is funny. Especially is this true when you don't expect it. You know, a sweet little old lady being a bit salty. It is uncomfortable when people curse and swear and they don't even hear themselves.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I use to curse like a sailor, and after leaving the WT, I had plenty of reason to do so. Recently I watched the movie "Glen Garry Glen Ross" w/the late Jack Lemmon. He said that f word every other time and I realized that sometimes was me. I just got fed up w/it. A few months ago, I made the commitment NOT to curse, especially since I have a child around the house. It has worked, I rarely use the words I used to...

Edited by - TresHappy on 2 October 2002 12:8:37

• outnfree
    outnfree

Damn straight!!!

out

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

When I was about twelve, my older sister taught me this little poem: Hell, Shit, Damn, Bitch, Let's use safeties for a switch.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Minimus said, "You know, a sweet little old lady being a bit salty."

Yeppers, that would be me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit