Did you know WTBTS applied for Holocaust compensation?

by umbertoecho 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mephis
    Mephis

From what I recall, it was for both themselves as an organisation and to help JWs who'd suffered too. Both were within the terms of various holocaust compensation schemes. I'd question some of the things they suggest in that letter of application (asking to be considered as heirs for those who died without them, and the educational aspect I'd be concerned about given their exceptionally narrow focus), but they were banned, probably did suffer losses as an organisation which would entitle them to some compensation etc.

I just hope that their arrangements for survivors has never put inappropriate suggestions to those in receipt of compensation just for signposting them to it. There were complaints over the secrecy not permitting proper monitoring of what was happening.

eg http://www.swissbankclaims.com/documents/doc_74.6_hsp_4.pdf

(NB: note that the JWs didn't give a stuff if you'd suffered because of being a JW but were no longer one in the early 2000s....)

• millie210
    millie210

I think the last sentence of the document states their intent after saying if it can or cannot be distributed to heirs by saying

or if it can advance the work of education and remembrance, the money will have been well spent.

They probably wanted to use it to finance their purple triangles angle..............

maybe use it to maintain a kiosk in a lobby and pocket the rest?

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Some JW claimants actually worked in munitions factories:

• prologos
    prologos

WBtS scoured the world for jw nazi victims.

Saintberthold: all slave workers of the NS era are entitled to German pensions.

• millie210
    millie210
    Did they get any money?
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

"Did they get any money?"

Yes approximately $456 each.

• millie210
    millie210

Thanks Saintbertholdt,

Im glad they got some (individuals)

did the Org get any I wonder?

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

"did the Org get any I wonder?"

Not that I can gather. It seems they only awarded money to individuals or families of victims.

Unless you count the 6% administrative expenditure the JW victim fund charged :)

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    Oh of the $54871 the JW Victim fund charged there's a $16000 charge that is questionable.
  • millie210
    millie210
    Well thats interesting...16,000 is a noteworthy amount.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit