THIS SITE BY FAR HAS THE WORST...

by surferdude 35 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Hey blonde,

Look what I found! Typed the word in and I found the lyrics on the net. Mary Poppins anyone?

Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay
    Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
    Even though the sound of it
    Is something quite atrocious
    If you say it loud enough
    You'll always sound precocious

Because I was afraid to speak
    When I was just a lad
    My father gave me nose a tweak
    And told me I was bad
    But then one day I learned a word
    That saved me aching nose
    The biggest word I ever heard
    And this is how it goes:

Oh, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
    Even though the sound of it
    Is something quite atrocious
    If you say it loud enough
    You'll always sound precocious

So when the cat has got your tongue
    There's no need for dismay
    Just summon up this word
    And then you've got a lot to say
    But better use it carefully
    Or it may change your life
    One night I said it to me girl
    And now me girl's my wife!

She's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

• onacruse
    onacruse

LOL @ Trauma...with a tongue like that, it's amazing you can even speak, much less spell!

• LDH
    LDH

I haven't spent real time on this site in weeks.

This is the first thread I saw tonight, and it took me all of three minutes to figure out who this dude is and what his agenda is, too.

From one of his other posts:

i sited public sources

and

my friend was some what simpathetic .

Welcome back Gnarly Dude. Enjoy your stay.

Lisa

Sniff Sniff Class

• Scully
    Scully

surferdude:

AND YES THIS POST IS A JOKE,,, BUT THE CONTENT IS NOT,,, I KNOW I AM NOT PERFECT, BUT COME ON!!!!!! USUALLY ,I LOOK OVER AT THE PROFILE AND I CAN LET IT SLIDE IF THE PERSON IS FROM SWEDEN OR SOMETHING AND ENGLISH IS A SECOND LANGUAGE. BUT TOO MANY OF THE TIMES THAT IS NOT THE CASE

Let he who has perfect grammar, spelling and diction (and does not SHOUT) cast the first stone.

Love, Scully

• Scully
    Scully

TraumaHound:

To apease surferdude's advanced intelect, I will now post any replys to his messages in binary.

01010011011101010111001001100110011001010111001001100100011101010110010001100101001000000110011001110101011000110110101100100000011011110110011001100

Do you kiss your momma with that mouth???

Love, Scully

• blondie
    blondie

Lilacs, I can hear you singing and without a single mistake. I loved that movie.

• Solace
    Solace

Lilacs,

LDH, LMAO

Edited by - heaven on 1 October 2002 22:42:11

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

remember the ole saying:

what goes around comes around.

score one for LDH

• aluminutty
    aluminutty

Jumbled thoughts on spelling by aluminutty

History:
    Spelling, shmelling. Before the middle of the 19th century, there wasn't any such thing. Everything was spelled phonetically, as, I might add, it should be. Then this pedantic assh*le, Merium Webster came along and made us conform. At least the british took a bit of a stand and kept spelling theatre and colour as each respective word was pronounced. Its the difference between proscriptive and descriptive; Its the difference between a dynamic and a dead language.

Vapid reflections:
    Braille, btw, adds an interesting aditional level of difficulty to the spelling mess. To those of you on the board -- and that's probibly most of you -- who don't know, I am totally blind and am a braille reader. To make up for it's large size in relation to print script, braille uses lots of contracted words. For example, together, in braille, would be written simpley as tgr. I am constantly struggling to remember, therefore, how to spell words that I have scarsely seen written in long form.

English is an amazingly twisted and silly whore of a language, anyway. Whilst other languages like french and Japanese seek to purify themselves from external influences English attempts to pick up any scruffy homeless word it meets along the street, takes it home, and for a fiver or two, gives it the linguistic equivalent of a blow job. Hense such jems as well canyon, or rhythm, or just about anything you can think of. It's this loose linguistic conduct that makes English the fun language it is.

HS thanks for bandering flosynosy about, its a great word (in the truest sence) and should be useed more then it is. But, then again, it's a bitch to pronounce.

This spelling arguement is just a lot of slibbersauce, anyhow, and I would be better off spending my time nuttlingb another post. Tah tah.!

Edited by - aluminutty on 1 October 2002 22:55:1

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

I think we do pretty darn good considering we were around a religion that discouraged us from learning anything that wasn't in the wt or awake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit