Is it Wrong to Doubt or Even Disagree With the GB? The Watchtower Reasoning....

by freemindfade 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Splash
    Splash

Sticking with Aaron, it was he who made the golden calf and altar, yet 3,000 people were murdered as a consequence when Moses turned up.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

When you are trying to cultivate a devoted following around yourself and those allured followers are potentially lifting you up to a specific status of power and control, you are going to protect what these people are giving you.

Your probably going to repel and dispose of ones who are not devoted or subservient to yourself.

Religion is a game of power and control for men to immerse themselves in .

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Ah yes Splash, who can forget when moses turned up

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite wrote about the "old prophet" here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/166530/billys-comments-you-might-hear-10-12-08-wt-study-maintain-loyalty

(a) What lesson can we learn from the incident involving the younger prophet?That's easy. Never, ever trust an "old prophet". They lie. Stick to what you already have figured. Why should you suffer the consequences when a selfish old geezer starts giving you "advice from Jehovah" when they won't suffer the consequences. If anyone says they have new instructions from Jehovah, watch out! Obedience men will have you eaten by a lion! Again I say, "Never, ever trust an old prophet!"

In conclusion, never, ever trust an old prophet or an elder!

Okay, maybe I'm over-reacting. Perhaps you can trust an elder to recommend janitorial supplies or to wash your windshield. Perhaps.

Please dispose of your used airsick bag now. I'm taking off my aluminum foil hat now. And I'm off to take another hot shower to get the "cult" cleaned off.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Sticking with Aaron, it was he who made the golden calf and altar, yet 3,000 people were murdered as a consequence when Moses turned up.

There are dozens of biblical accounts that make this point, and I've used a few of them when discussion with my wife and father in law.

Who died when David took a census? (hint, wasn't david)

Who always seemed to die when an Isrealite king made an alliance with a nearby nation without god's approval?

Who paid for it when the Jewish leaders of Jesus' day rejected him? Lots of loyal Jews died when Rome invaded Jerusalem - they were all merely following what they were told was "god's organization" of the day.

Time and again, people in the bible are punished for who they're associated with, regardless of their good intentions. This should be a frightening fact for any JWs with doubts or any who know details of the child abuse issues or the UN membership, etc.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Because YHWH the desert god is a god of death.

Human sacrifice pleases him just as much as Molech

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Yes, is it integrity to truth, principle and what we know about God ? or just loyalty to an organization ?
  • StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

He could have asked himself, ‘Why would Jehovah send an angel to someone else with new instructions for me?’ The prophet could have asked Jehovah to clarify the direction, but the Scriptures do not indicate that he did so.”

Based on the above, the only valuable and reliable instruction from Jehovah would be a direct first-person experience as anything else is questionable hearsay. Following that logic, why would anyone listen to any prophet from the bible, Jesus, the GB, or anyone else or even the Bible itself? Which is one of the main reasons I am an atheist.

If you want to leave the JWs just tell the elders that you asked Jehovah if the JWs were a “true prophet/religion” and Jehovah said “no”. And, if they get upset, quote the article and tell them you are following the counsel and don’t want to get eaten by a lion.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    My point exactly. Very well said
  • paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

I set my mind to read the new testament as I would read it for the first time. Tried to forget all my preconceived ideas, and when I draw the line I realized that:

- the "the other sheep" are gentiles who accept Jesus

- God did not "steal" / make Jesus's body disappear after his death, nor did Jesus "materialized" in different bodies

- Jesus is not Michael the archangel

- Jesus is definitely not an angel - Hebrews chapter 1&2

- The Jewish people will accept Jesus towards the end

- the new testament is for all Christians

- there is just one christian hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit