more excuses, other than libary card?

by lulu 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Nassau - I think that I have the some problem as The Old Hippy, the two blanks (your postings re: library cards) he refers to, appear as blanks also on my computer. Was this intentional or do I need to adjust my settings on the computer. ?

• Valis
    Valis

Nassau's article translated...this may not be the best one, but it isn't too hard to get the gist of it. Hey Nassau...you can send me those images via email and I'll host them for you if you need help.

Witnesses of Jeova Linked Themselves "Beast" By ANTONIO SAILOR Sabado, 20 of October of 2001

Inscricao in the UN fez polemica

Religious group should have abandoned registo in the UN, that identifies as to "repugnant thing" of the Apocalipse

The Witnesses of Jeova (TJ) were inscritas during barely 10 years in a registo of the organizacoes nao governmental that work with the UN, instituicao that the TJ they identify as "the repugnant thing" and to "scarlet beast" referred in the book biblico of the Apocalipse (or "Revelacao", in the language of the witnesses. The facto, maintained in secret during this time, I am was known ha around two months, motivating a bulky one correspondencia driven the UN and to the responsaveis of the TJ on the part of many members of the Witnesses of Jeova, finding strange what some consideravam hypocrisy. In the sequencia of that movement, that religious group requested to desvinculaco of the registo, decisao deferred by the UN in the past day 9.

The request of inscricao was done, still in 1991, by the Guard Tower Society of Biblias and Treated (STVBT), the orgao manager of the around six milhes of Witnesses of Jeova to nivel world. In 1992, the Department of Informacao Publishes (DPI) of the Nacioes United accepted to inscricao from the Tower of Guard in the registo of organizacoes nao governmental (ONG), in the scours from the defense of the right humans. The department from the UN did not know, in the however, that in some of the publicacoes from the propria STVBT the Nacoes United permanently they were identified as to "scarlet beast" and to "repugnant thing" of the book biblico of the Apocalipse.

In August, the registo was known publicly. That facto gave rise to an intense movement of requests of explanation. In letters, phone calls and messages electronicas, many members of the TJ drove itself to the DPI of the Nacoes United and to propria STVBT, wanting to knowing what was passed.

In the day 8 of this mes (vespera from the decisao of anulacao of the registo in the DPI), an ex member of the TJ cited by the newspaper ingles "The Guardian", said: "Ha a manifesto inconsistencia between the descricao that to STVBT does frequently from the UN as an organizacao iniqua and its [from the Tower of Guard] attempts in the wings to obtain the favors" of the Nacoes United.

"The registo as Organizaco Nao Governmental I am was done because of be able to give helps humanitaria and defend the right humans in diverse parents of the world", says upon I PUBLISH Pedro Candeias, spokesman from the Associacao of the Witnesses of Jeova in Portugal. In Portugal, in the however, to desvinculacao of the registo still nao known officially by the ATJ, that he represents nearby 50 thousand believing.

This responsvel says that the religious group to that belongs has had "an important paper" in the help to populacoes of parents as Angola, Bosnia, Georgia, Ruanda and others African or latin-american. "It arrive those parents was complicated and, by that, was necessario inscrever" to STVBT in the Nacoes United. But that inscricao, affirms, nao compromised the Witnesses of Jeova with "any envolvement politico" with the UN.

This religious group, record itself, affirms itself neutral in we will have politicos. But, at the same time, they maintain an attitude of respect, barely submissive, for with the authorities of each parents. Pedro Candeias explains that the TJ they pay the his imposed but nao vao, afterwards, ask to the State what is done with that money.

"Nao is a matter of a playing politica", the spokesman says from the ATJ, "because without the guarantee from the UN nao would be possivel distribute helps humanitaria". And as to inscricao "nao violated the precepts estatutarios" of the TJ, you critic them to the registo in the DPI "nao has any foundation", says Pedro Candeias.

Certain and that in an informaco signed by Paul Hoeffel, leader from the seccao of the ONG in the DPI of the Nacoes United, dated by day 11, says itself that that agency comes receiving messages "numerous" asking informacoes about the associacao from the Tower of Guard lists of ONG that they work joined of the Nacoes United. To STVBT, increases the document, "asked to to be associated to the DPI in 1991, what was granted in 1992". Upon it associate, any organizacao compromises respect it the principles from the Letter of the Nacoes United and it inform the destinatarios about the actividades from the UN.

"In October of 2001", increases Paul Hoeffel, the Tower of Guard "demanded the end from its one associacao with the DPI". After that, the department from the UN "took to decisao of dissociate" the Guard Tower Society, what had effect from the day 9 of October.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Nassau
    Nassau

Thank you Valis for your help. I've sent this letter from the WTS Portuguese Branch to your e-mail. Please, try to post them here. I can see them but people continue to complain. Sorry guys!

Best regards,

Nassau

• Nassau
    Nassau

Can you see it now? I hope!

• Nassau
    Nassau

And again:

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I always urge people to go to Zev's site at http://www.geocities.org/plowbitch69 and of course Randy's web site at http://www.freeminds.org , click on "United Nations.

Another good site is found at Quotes web site - http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com

My understanding is that at the time of the event (hehehehehe), all the Bethels were scrambling and making up stories.

In the end, two key excuses are used.

The bullsh!t library card defence. Which, if you read my stuff that I uncovered from the UN reference librarian at Zev's site is absolutely a non-starter. The second excuse is that the UN changed the criteria on the WTS without their knowledge. Again a bullsh!t excuse if anyone bothers to read the ECOSOC resolutions of 1968 that establish the criteria for NGOs to become associated with the United Nations Department of Public Information (DPI).

hawk

• Nassau
    Nassau

Almost all of JWs in Portugal do not believe in the story of the NGO/UN scandal.

And most of them call it an Internet complete fake!

Edited by - Nassau on 8 October 2002 10:29:46

Edited by - Nassau on 9 October 2002 10:30:28

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Then take them to the UN depository library in your country and make them write to the Bethel for a response. And/or show them photocopies of the documents and show them where the originals are in the UN main library or the depository library.

Of course they will then go to some other lame excuse because they are all waiting for the friggen world to end, and, to loose faith in the mother corporation would mean loss of faith etc.

Rationalize, raitionalize rationalize - sad isn't it? But I do know a lot who have managed to begin to think thanks to this UN stuff. It still to this day never fails to amase me how many JWs "stumble" on the UN issue when it is all presented properly and truthfully, but won't stumble on presentations of the child abuse, blood and Malawi cover ups.

hawk

• Nassau
    Nassau

I offered myself to help a "brother", friend of mine, to show him all the stuff and docs. from UN, all irrefutable proofs. He was very surprised saying he did not know anything about this subject (he is very active in the organisation). He spoke right away with the elders from his congregation about this. What happened? He never called me back or spoke to me. I am not surprised at all. The elders probably severely warned him about any relationship with me. Characteristic reaction of the JW, very typical. What can I say about this.

• messenger
    messenger

Anyone translate the WT letter?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit