Most brain dead sit com of all time

by zeb 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• zeb
    zeb

ok..before you start no I don't watch them but my family have a never ending need to watch "How I met your Mother" and endless repeats of "Friends" . canned laughter, one liners with pause so those of lesser brain can catch the 'humour'. I have to put up with the sound track.

Thank God for the ABC classic FM-radio.

Comment's please if you wish.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Hi zeb.. enough for me to say .. I absolutely agree, but it takes allsorts to make a world. Its akin to not being able to comprehend why imo people buy into religion, the canned laughter being analogous of the unreal provoking excitement to the gullible.

Best wishes

• Lieu
    Lieu
    The only modern one I like is The King of Queens. The rest have been and are garbage.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Yes I listen to Classic FM all day too. Sitcoms don't make me laugh, I prefer stand up comedy like the shows from the Apollo theatre.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

2 Broke Girls is one the worst in recent times.

But I know what you mean, stupid unfunny dialog with caned laughter to make it appear its fumy doesn't work for most people , maybe for young teens perhaps .

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

lol, brain dead? how about nearly anything from the 70's [even 80's],

welcome back kotter [spelling it right?] Lavern and Shirley? happy days? the Jefferson's? mork and mindy? ALF??? LOL my most hated, full house, my sister was only able to watch that when she was little, and they had reruns on air forever.....

• Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine
    I'm with you. I never understood why so many thought Friends was so funny. M.A.S.H (episodes with Frank) and Seinfeld are my re-runs of choice.
  • tiki
    tiki

The worst of the worst..imho

Everyone loves Raymond....not me...I think he is an obnoxious twit.

Friends...Ross is a total annoying. Bleep...and where Aniston got off with her popularity I just don't get.

Designing women was fun....back in the day...Rhoda and mtm...mash...now they are mostly nauseous...but I do get some good laughs from Mike and Molly. Fawlty towers...John cleese...unbeatable!!

Fau

• jws
    jws

If you ask me, How I met your mother is pretty much a rip-off of Friends.

Canned laughter is pretty much a staple of TV going back years. And IMO is a trained response thing. You hear somebody laugh and it prompts you to laugh, whether you were going to or not.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Monty Python even employ it? Even some of those that say they are filmed before a live studio audience are probably somewhat fake. They must have done retakes when people messed up and each time the audience laughs less. So you use the audio from the first track. It WAS filmed before a live audience, but that doesn't mean all the laughter was for what you're seeing.

I've watched most/all of Friends and How I met Your Mother. Ross was annoying and controlling. And occasionally lovable. Aniston was probably the hottest regular. Joey and Phoebe were too stupid to be true, but laughable. Monica, too obsessive to be true. Chandler may have been the closest to real in my opinion.

For some shows, the closer to reality, the funnier because real people can relate.

And don't blast the pauses. Even live performers pause. You sometimes have to let it sink in for people not as smart (and there are those) so why complain. Or for you to enjoy the joke.

In the end, it's all personal preference. Wild and wacky? Real and believable? Laugh track or not?

BTW, I think the worst sitcom ever was the animated Allen Gregory by Jonah Hill - who I believe himself is unfunny.

• Splash
    Splash
    Married with Children. Now that was a sit com.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit