Why Does U.S. Know So Much About Iraq's Weapons?

by cellomould 14 Replies latest jw friends

• cellomould
    cellomould
    they would save themselves so many headaches.

Right on the money...how do you put a spin on everything the government is doing? Even mainstream news media are not so dumb as to take everything handed down from the White house and disseminate it as doctrine.

• cellomould
    cellomould

lo' and behold, such an article has been published in yahoo news today!

U.S. Supplied Germs to Iraq in '80s Mon Sep 30, 2:31 PM ET

By MATT KELLEY, Associated Press Writer

"I don't think it would be accurate to say the United States government deliberately provided seed stocks to the Iraqis' biological weapons programs," said Jonathan Tucker, a former U.N. biological weapons inspector.

"But they did deliver samples that Iraq said had a legitimate public health purpose, which I think was naive to believe, even at the time."

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&ncid=716&e=2&u=/ap/20020930/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_iraq_bioweapons

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

To be fair, Friend and Foe change constantly in this wonderful world of ours. Who would have thought Russia could be an ally?? So while Iraq was bad the Soviets were worse so we helped Iraq out. Now Iraq is bad and the Soviets are now good so we help them out. Its a contantly changing world and its to easy to judge with hindsight.

• cellomould
    cellomould

You make a great point Crazy.

There is another thing to be learned from your example of the change between the Soviet Union and Iraq...'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' is not a wise maxim to use in foreign policy.

I didn't know you lived in Iraq, by the way

• heathen
    heathen

Well I find myself considering alot of the conspiracy theories to hold some merit ,myself.I believe that wealth and power are the big motivator for the people in government.First we have a sham of an election than we have wtc disaster and now we are sending the military looking for a fight all over the world .The US thought sadam housien was going to be their puppet and turns out they made a pact with the devil.I have never before heard the media refer to puppet regimes whith such conviction as we again see the US doing the same thing in Afghanistan ,Russia and yugoslavia and bosnia.YOu have to ask yourself how much longer can this crap go on ? Whether the word likes it or not the USA is going to wreak havok once again in Iraq. I agree with cellomould the policy of manipulating people is way too dangerous .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit