The Bible & J.R.R. Tolkien

by datto 0 Replies latest watchtower bible

• datto
    datto

First of all, excuse me if the title seems big. In fact, it is only about my very small doubt.

I'm not a Christian, I only have very little knowledge about the Bible. It was told that about 40 scholars wrote the book but I don't know who combined them (or they never been combined). The books tells about almost everything in the world and the good and evil. Even though they are written by 40 scholars at different period of time, they don't contradicts one and another. I also heard from Bill Maher's videos that many other myths form different places has accounts that there is a person who have similar characteristics to Jesus Christ centuries way back before the New Testaments.

I suddenly thought of J.R.R. Tolkien. He wrote The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. The books talk about almost everything as well and the good and evil. If I'm not mistaken, he even wrote a book about how his world was created. Tolkien borrowed many myths, his religion influences, the bible and his personal experience to make the books happen. He even invented a few languages, the most famous is the Elvish language.

My question is, is there any possibilities that how the Bible was created was somehow similar (or has any similarities) to how Tolkien's products was created?

The human brain tends to match whatever they see or hear to themselves. This is how a psychic plays his tricks on people. He simply say a few general words, and the believer will match those words to their past experience and conclude it's accurate. Can we use the same method, for example an incident happened, we find some words or sentences in The Hobbit & The LOTR, and say it's a prophecy?

Forgive me for the noob questions.... cheers...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit