my dumb boring JW experience

by DanTheMan 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

{{{Dan}}} You really explained your life. It is very interesting. I, too, enjoyed meeting you. We do have to get together again.

The Hoffer quotes were great. I can see my mother falling for the dubs for many of the same reasons you cited. It really is sad when "parents" do not know or understand how to love and raise children.

I'll e-mail you. We need to get together.

teenyuck, aka puffsrule

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

PS...I do not think your story is dumb or boring. I think it is very common to people who join the dubs as adults. Give yourself credit for getting out and seeing the real troof.

• mamashel
    mamashel

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((DAN))))))))))))))))))

OMG, this sound so much like me, it is scarey. We did what we liked to call "hall hopping". When we would first walk into a hall (and there were 9 of us in our family) we would be swarmed with people. Once we started attending and things died down, or they started talking about us, we would change halls and try another. Never ever to be satisfied. The final straw was that my 17 year old daughter was studying for baptism and became pregnant by a baptized "brother" and they took away all her privilages and told her she had to wait to be baptized and 2 "sisters" told her she was too "worldly". Well needless to say i went off on them and we just decided that that was enough. The biggest part was that the young man DID NOT loose his privilages, and he was only counseled. HHhhmmmmm what's wrong with that picture. But they neithe one are going to the hall either, so that is the good news.

mamashel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit