All quiet on the western front

by campaign of hate 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Island Man
    Island Man
    Maybe they will start charging for their photographs?

How can you suggest such a thing?! Unlike the evil churches of christendom, JWs never pass a collection plate or charge money. So there's no way they will start charging for photographs with Governing Body members. They will just mention that publishers in good standing can have the privilege of having their photo taken with a member of the Governing Body without charge, but that they accept voluntary donations to support the worldwide work, from those who truly value such a great spiritual privilege.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    "Next big move get rid of shunning there fighting almighty God on this one ha."

I seriously doubt it. If anything, I believe they will expand the grounds for shunning to include those who have faded and have stopped meeting attendance and field service for a certain period of time. They will probably spin it as the person disassociating himself by virtue of ceasing association with JWs. They must know by now that many secretly apostate JWs are leaving the organization quietly by fading, without having to suffer the penalty of shunning by JW families.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I think most that fade are still shunned, I no I am and a friend shunned his whole family until he woke up. They aren't going to change any time soon
  • prologos
    prologos

Magnum: how was the Watchtower conducted at the RC? I didn't go and didn't know anything was different.

Normally the wt study has fixed questions, but the audience is at liberty to comment (at their own peril) but in this convention arrangement, Pre-selected, much rehearsed Publishers are given prepared answers to read, as they step up in succession to two microphones, standing on marks on the floor, and when having delivered their stuff trundle off stage, proud of their 30 seconds in glory.

Absolute mind control by a succession of brain-dead automatons. A demonstration for all to see what the GB would like to have happen in every congregation, every week. perhaps in perfection at the end of the millennium.

Not a resume' by a speaker,(even if manuscripted) where you have at least some coherence, but a broken-up succession of blabber, delivered as it is the world's most important message.

• sir82
    sir82

I still expect a "you must tithe, although we won't actually call it tithing, if you want privileges in the congregation" article some time fairly soon.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I still expect a "you must tithe, although we won't actually call it tithing, if you want privileges in the congregation" article some time fairly soon.

That's a tough call...I don't think they could do it. They're already having enough trouble getting men to "reach out" as it is, and I suspect that there would be at least a few that would step down if they did this. They're already milking the R/F dry, I don't think there's a whole lot more mileage there - I think their only option to increase margins is to cull the flock of the deadwood and consolidate.

Isn't there always some noo-lite at the convention? What was it this year? Though I guess saying that the number of toes on a statue isn't important or coming up with some BS new explanation for what third heaven is probably doesn't qualify for what we're looking for in this thread.

I could see them announcing inactive ones as no longer a JW, but to be honest I don't think that'll happen. If they had to go back through their records and announce all the inactive ones at once it would create quite a stir...though I guess they could just do it going forward or only for cases when they hear of an inactive person that's still associating with JWs.

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

Yeah, i'm kind of expecting tithing coming in some time.

a bit like how they now believe the rapture, but don't call it the rapture.

They will make up a new name for tithing.

Yeah, a RC style WT study beamed straight from Cult headquarters every month. The R&F would eat that shit up.

Maybe they will make a new meeting every month, where everyone has to watch the broadcast. At the moment it's an unofficial thing a lot of congs do, but if the GB make it a compulsory meeting every month, it will defiantly weed out the dissenters and fence sitters.

• sir82
    sir82

Isn't there always some noo-lite at the convention?

Never. Conventions are spread out over a literal year, by the time you take into account the southern hemisphere summer conventions.

They can't control the information flow that way. "New light" released in May 2015 in the USA wouldn't be announced in Australia (for example) until 2016 at their conventions, but the WTS would be concerned about the Aussies getting a distorted version of it from other JWs via phone, e-mail, etc.

New light comes from sources they can completely control that comes out at the exact same time for everyone. Either a WT "Questions [made up] From [imaginary] Readers" or the October AGM.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

There's definitely been new light at the conventions - last year Losch even used the term "new light" when giving the bit about third heaven, then he sorta stumbled to correct himself saying "new understanding." But I guess it's always been trivial stuff intended to make people feel like there's progress being made and to have something to talk about and act all holier than thou. Like I said, not really what we're talking about here.

I definitely expect that we'll see some sort of monthly broadcast public talk...they've been making such a fuss about getting monitors and projectors into all the KHs that it seems unlikely that it's just for a yearly dog and pony show.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    And if a monthly public talk from the b0rg does become the standard then that shows a) they don't trust local elders to convey their public talk outlines and b) they are getting scared of losing their control over a dub.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit