All quiet on the western front

by campaign of hate 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

Recently it seems very quiet in JW land.

JW broadcasting has been in full swing for months now, nobody bats an eye lid at that anymore.

So the question is, what is next? The next organisation change, the next doctrine change. It seems like this is the quiet before the storm.

The way things are going, it's almost like they try and one up their last change, things in JW land get that bit more crazy every year.

I'm hedging my bets toward a monthly public talk broadcast straight from New York. Perhaps the WT study as well.

I don't think 1914 will change for a while.

What do you guys think will happen come the October 2015 AGM?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They'll ask for more donations.

Actually.............I think they're licking their wounds after getting their azz kicked in the pedo lawsuits. Should be obvious that Jehovah isn't watching their back (nor their piggy bank) like he did with all those legal victories in the 1940s.

Additionally, they surely listen for feedback and TM3's rant at the AM made him the laughing stock of the GB. The Rolex (or whatever) was noticed. The pinky rings were noticed. Plus, Lett is ignored like he's some kind of Jim Carey caricature.

It would be pretty embarrassing to admit to anyone besides a JW that you respect and glorify these guys.

Image result for jim carrey rubber face

Doc

• Clambake
    Clambake

My wife just got back from her assembly. There was 4700 in attendance and 11 took the dip. Too make matters worse they were just 12 year old born-ins. In our entire province of 1.1 million people I don't think even 20 people took the dip.

I am beginning to think subconsciously a large portion of dubs want the nonsense to end.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Every broadcast is turning into damage control and apostate fuel.

Abuse denial.

Money begging

abuse denial.

Think thay sums up the last three or so

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Exactly what Doc said.Licking their wounds in a cave somewhere.

The leaders are scared ishtless of losing control or doing something to start a mass exodus.

I think the next Nulite will be them proclaiming the great tribulation has begun, so expect imminent persecution.

In reality they will just replace the overused "last days' with "great tribulation" to get people active and productive.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

The worshiping of the governing body will continue.

Family visiting Bethel taking a picture with brother Lett.

Maybe they will start charging for their photographs?

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I believe that a corporate re-organization is going to occur within the next 2 years that will cull the R&F, so that only the most "Spiritually Strong" (non-thinking) JWs will remain.

The WTBTS will praise how effective the cart work and JW broadcasting are doing, The WTBTS will some how spin (or keep silent) about selling more Assembly and KH properties. Of course, the WTBTS will brag at how money is needed to fund JW broadcasting, distributing literature on-line through JW.org or through smaller sized retail outlets in strip malls. I would not be surprised if the WTBTS's owned entire strip-malls with a JW retail store in the mall someday. Of coarse, the WTBTS will also attempt to shame JWs to do more and give more money.

JW broadcasting, the writing, and printing departments could be spun off into an independent corporation that will donate excess funds to the WTBTS and hopefully reduce liability for the WTBTS. If the NewCorp prints anything that can be litigated, WTBTS representatives will just say, "JWs abhor . . . "

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• poopie
    poopie
    Next big move get rid of shunning there fighting almighty God on this one ha.
  • millie210
    millie210

Nice picture ToesUp! What is that in Letts hand I wonder?

Reading everyones thoughts has me thinking...

do you suppose the way the Watchtower was conducted on Sunday at the Regional is going to be a new "thing" and they will broadcast it along with a talk once a month or so as the OP mentioned.

I also wonder if they are heading towards their own college. Similar to BYU. Let kids go but control it and of course rake in the $$$

• Magnum
    Magnum

millie210: do you suppose the way the Watchtower was conducted on Sunday at the Regional is going to be a new "thing"

How was the Watchtower conducted at the RC? I didn't go and didn't know anything was different.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the OP: I've been noticing that everything seems quiet. I check here every day for some kind of news and not much going on. I, too, wonder what the next big change will be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit