MORE PROPAGANDA FROM THE CO!!

by DATA-DOG 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I wonder if he has partly added his own opinion to this talk? very likely, its possible his own cognitive dissonance if being rattled a bit and it sounds like a spin of how they changed the "generation of 1914" in 1995, as we get further and further into this 21st century they can spin and put all sorts of "play on words" in regards to "gods day/ the end/ The Big A" etc, that "its started/its symbolic etc." The simple fact is there isn't going to be any cataclysmic event that see's the end of this world, no new system, resurrection , paradise Earth etc, we are all going to die and return to dust, nothing and they know it.
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    Progressive stacking of bricks

Terry, I loved that brick analogy.

Maybe the CO could explain how the situation of a resurrection for those who died in Sodom and Gomorrah kept changing back and forth. How is that progressive?

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

Probably just another CO giving his own spin on things.

Perhaps in the future, CO visits will be broadcast from Cult Headquarters. Any problems any in the cong have, you have 5 mins in the second school to skype Cult Headquaters.

Perhaps....

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Perhaps in the future, CO visits will be broadcast from Cult Headquarters. Any problems any in the cong have, you have 5 mins in the second school to skype Cult Headquaters.

For some reason "Cult Headquarters" is cracking me up.

I think the more likely approach will be that any problems in the congregation will simply be met with instructions to suck it up and wait on the desert god to (never) fix it.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, keep a lookout for those same phrases. I don't think the circuit overseer or was going rogue. He reads from an outline for god's sake!!

DD

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Watchtower CO says:

We have never changed our stance, we have made progressive adjustments

Science does progressive adjustments, but the Watchtower Society does cosmetic changes, but maintains the same essential falsehood, namely, that Jesus (who died in the first century) appointed them in 1919.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I still like my math analogy for what 'progressive' really means vs the WT version.

I studied Algebra in 9th grade. In 10th grade I studied Geometry. It was different from what I studied in 9th grade but what I studied in 9th grade was still true and useful

In 11th grade I studied Trigonometry. Interesting stuff. Different from 9th and 10th grade. What I learned in 9th and 10th grade was still true and useful.

12th grade. Calculus. Now we are getting somewhere. But still, what I learned in 9th, 10th, and 11th grade was still true and useful.

And on and on it goes. 3 more semesters of calc in college and then onto differential equations (almost got convinced to change major to math).

• Heaven
    Heaven
    Yeah, the math has never worked with this group. Just do the calculation on 7 million people preaching to 7 billion. It just doesn't compute.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

#1) Religions are destroyed because the Governments want their money.

Clever way to spin potential revocation of tax-exempt status...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

WingCommander - "I just love how the King of the North isn't even spoken about anymore. It used to be such a big guessing game and source of debate as to who it was, now it's completely forgotten."

I'm quite convinced that the end of the Cold War took the WTS completely by surprise; the old Soviet Union was the perfect villain for WT eschatology.

I remember ten years on, there were still hard-core JWs expecting the Russian Bear to rise again and resume it's role in Fred Franz' End-Times script.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit