What "RULES" Did YOU Want To BREAK?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Since the organization has so many rules, did you ever just want to break a rule, just to do it? One rule that I enjoyed breaking was the 15 to 20 minute rule that you were supposed to come to the meeting early. I was regularly tardy. Another rule that I enjoyed breaking was that the bookstudy was supposed to be 60 minutes long. My bookstudies were almost always ending early....Were there any rules thay you broke or at least fantasized about?

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

While in the borg - I fantacized about not having to go out in service. There were plenty of times I made up excuses so as not to go as well. I hated field service.

Mimilly

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Since I was single when I became a JW, I regularly (gasp) looked lustfully upon some of the sisters

Not only that, I didn't cut out my offending eyes

But, I did marry one

Ahh, it's great to be single again and still have my lustful eyes

Lew W (of the not quite a dirty old man class)

• blondie
    blondie

I regularly wore a denim skirt in field service and remained a pioneer in spite of the CO's tirade about them. He also insisted we had to wear nylons and not to wear sandals (seems like he was targeting the sisters). One day all 5 pioneer sisters in my congregation showed up in denim skirts, no nylons, and sandals (of course it was summer). Never heard a word after that. Boy, we were rebellious but productive in the field ministry.

He was the one that went to a northern circuit and insisted nobody could wear anything but dress boots in the snow and no snowmobile suits. This was an area that regularly had temps of 20 degrees below zero and with the windchill it could drop to 60 to 70 degrees below. After his first winter month, he was asking where to get a snowmobile suit.

We called him Brother Hot and Cold.

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

There were lots of rules that I broke. Being alone with Sisters. Counting the wrong time. Counting family bible studies when none were conducted. To name but a few.

• minimus
    minimus

If I were a sister, I would want to wear pants instead of skirts, especially in winter.

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Having/enjoying a beard; wearing a sport coat instead of suit for a public talk.

LOL @ DakotaRed..me too.

Blondie: Too funny. When we/I look back so many of the "rules" scream BS, but it sure didn't always seem so at the time. The "nylons" in field service thing I always thought was over the top, though, [especially where shapely, well-tanned legs were concerned]

---Dan

• blondie
    blondie

The skirt was in the summer, silly minimus. We did wear slacks under our skirts during the winter. They were ski slacks and looked like tights. He gave a talk on the proper type of boot after having counseled a sister with 4 children about their "casual" boots. The non-witness husband came to the public talk and pulled the CO aside and told him that if the CO paid for the new boots for his 4 children, the husband would get them.

No more talks on boots after that.

Doesn't the love abound in Jehovah's organization! (not)

• minimus
    minimus

I can recommend a place to put those boots.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

going on the internet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit