Hands up those who fear Jehovah

by dreamer 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

Waiting,

Are you asking for an explanation of the Society's view of Armageddon? I don't remember reading anywhere in the bible where there is a description given of what will happen at Armageddon. Did I miss something? I'm not sure that the Witnesses even know what Armageddon really is all about. It could very well be about Jehovah's dealing with them as verse 12 of Revelation 16 talks about a 'bowl being poured out on the great river Euphrates.' This river ran through Babylon of old, so this could be a reference to the one who proves to be "Babylon the Great" in our day.

bjc

• waiting
    waiting

hello bjc,

Rev. 19:17 "I saw also an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice and said to all the birds that fly in midheaven: "Come here, be gathered together to the great evening meal of God, that you may eat the fleshy parts of kings and the fleshy parts of military commanders and the fleshy parts of strong men and the fleshy parts of horses and of those seated upon them, and the fleshy parts of all, of free men as well as of slaves and of small ones and great."

Granted, there are more scriptures which talk of people running and trying to be covered by the mountains for protection. Blood running as high as our hips, etc.

Rev: 19:21 "But the rest were killed off with the long sword of the one seated on the horse, which (sword) proceeded out of his mouth. And all the birds were filled from the fleshy parts of them."

The WTBTS teaches that the account of Revelation is somewhat literal in that everyone not approved by God (meaning all but jw's) will be killed by God.

My point is - if those billions of people are going to be dead anyway, why not just zap them and save the gore? Who benefits from the gore and dead bodies? The angels? No. They will see the end result. The survivors? No. They also will see the end result.

Why the gore and grossness?

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit