Welcome all lurkers

by OlderTom 7 Replies latest jw friends

• OlderTom
    OlderTom

Hello Lurkers

We sometimes forget that often people read these posts but are afraid to post.

Greetings Al

The Watchtower police cannot trace your post like in the movies. Theoretically it can be done BUT the elders do not have the time to spend on tracking down the odd individual. Even if they could they can't proof anything because we all use phoney e-mail accounts and the question would be asked " what were YOU doing at that apostate site?"

what exactly is an apostate. The bible answer please not the Watchtower answer.

We tend to forget the real function of the elders. Admittantly they feel that they are really shepherding the flock but many burn out from the enormus burden. Those who take the role to heart.

The primary function of the elders, as far as the Watchtower publishing corporation is concerned, is to make the organisation look squeekey clean to the public at large.

If the odd individual has to be sacrificed to do it , it is of no consequence. Many, many elders learn that it is all a big scam eventually and step down but many others remain because behind the Watchtower wall they are men with some authority where as in the real world they are nobodies.

Look around you, how many elders do you remember who were really compassionate? How many layed the law down with an iron hand? And how many were just pupets for their wives or the local alpha elder?

All you lurkers please take the trouble to ask questions or even try to defend "the truth(tm)" in the process you may learn more than you wanted if you still have an open mind.

Weren't we always told that "the truth(tm)" has nothing to fear? Weren't we told in the truth book that it is our duty to examine our religion (in order to convert us) but once babtised we are told NOT to question the elders or anything that comes out of Brookly no matter how ridiculous it sounds.

I said it before and I'll keep on saying it.

• waiting
    waiting

hey older tom,

Well said! Well said!

Thank you. And I certainly want to add my welcome to yours - although you said it better.

waiting

• Simon
    Simon

I would like to add that even having access to the server logs it is practically impossible to tell who someone is and would require cooperation with your ISP to do so. This can only really be done if a crime has been committed and the police are involved such as with peadophiles.

Also, I will never divulge your email address to anyone (in case you use a non-anonymous one) and you have the option to have this hidden on the site. Even if the society offered huge sums of money, they would be safe (I'd just make a load up and sell them those )

• Freenow
    Freenow

Great posting older tom,

I also encourage all and every single lurker to stay with us a few days and they will discover surprising truths that will bring them happiness and courage to finally FREE themselves from this WT monster who I am sure will pay for all the suffering that it has caused in so many persons and families.
    In the mean time we can try to help each other to finally recuperate all the damage made to some of us. In the mean time we are experiencing en enormous emount of happines and liberty to speak our feelings aloud and the satisfaction that here in this discussion board there are actually compassionate persons that can simpathize with us and encourage us to continue BECAUSE after all there is a higher power (God) who will pay each one their dues being them GOOD OR BAD.

WELCOME ALL LURKERS, DO NOT BE SCARED OUR DEAR FRIENDS we will try to help you cope.
    ((((((HUGS))))))TO YOU ALL AND AGAPE LOVE AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME IN READING THIS POST.
    Your Friend
    Freenow---Thank god

• trevor
    trevor

Tom (thumb)

I have nothing to fear from a pack of cards. Many years ago I called their bluff and asked them to pull the trigger on that rusty old gun they had held to my head for so many years. It just went puff - puff and I'm still here. Thanks for the help though, there are many others who need to be encouraged to win their freedom from the tower.

• momoftwo
    momoftwo

While I have only been "lurking" for a couple of days, I have already read some eye-opening stories that have confirmed what I have long suspected. While I have been inactive for sometime, I am having a hard time moving on and thinking "out of the box." I'm sure this is very common.

I just started reading "Releasing The Bonds" and am sure this will open my eyes to yet even more.

momoftwo

• had_enough
    had_enough

Hi Older Tom:

I add to your welcome! I too "lurked" for about a month holding back by indoctrinated fear of "Will what I read corrupt me?", or "Will the Watchtower be able to trace this and then here we go again with committee meetings?!!!"

I can add to the other posts that all I found here was courage to speak up at least this far. I still have a long way to go. But I have a couple of great friends who even though are still witnesses they have helped me to open up and express my feelings without condemnation or shrinking back...truly a rarity from what I have read of others experiences who confided their doubts to the wrong person.

What I have learned here is that I am not alone! So anyone reading these experiences can feel free to add theirs too or ask for help. I know all will try to help with ideas or an empathetic expression.

Welcome to all

had enough

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well done and well said Older Tom. Keep it up old son.

May I add my welcome now to you newbies who have responded to Older Tom's invitation. You will find this is a Home Sweet Home which usually is full of fellow feeling and compassion. Sometimes we get a bit 'steemed up', but then, I guess you do too, don't you?

Stay awhile and you may learn heeps more from your companions. And they won't report you to the elders!

Again welcome. If you're from eastern Australia, look out for news of the next BBQ. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit