Update on my wife and son.

by dmouse 12 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

This is an update on my earlier post about the treatment my son is getting from the elders, posted here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=37408&site=3

Well, Benjamin informs me that today his mum drove him to the Sunday meeting and kept him in the car until the meeting started, and then took him straight out after it had finished, so that the elders couldn't talk to him.

Apparently an elder saw my wife in the street and approached her, but she told him to get stuffed (politely) but he informed her of what they intend to do.

It will be officially announced from the platform that Benjamin no longer qualifies as an unbaptised publisher.

Where do these bastards learn to be such bullies of children? And I wonder if this announcment is some sort of scaled down version of disfellowshipping, with the resulting enforced shunning by his former childhood friends?

Fortunately Benjamin is finding the whole thing quite funny now, he sees that the elders have no clothes and they are just fat, dickless arseholes desperate for some taste of power.

Their power over Benjamin is gone now, and they don't like it!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

There is an old saying... "No one can exercise authority over you unless you grant it to them."

Looks like your son has revoked their authority!

Way to go!

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

I'm very relieved to hear that you and Benjamin's mom are on the same side with this one. No doubt they will start to shun him. But at least he is seeing it for what it is - and that is a tremendously good thing.

hugs,

Mimilly

• blondie
    blondie

This is very hard, dmouse, for your son, you and your wife. I know of 2 witness families (fathers are elders) whose children participated in dance school, choir, orchestra, drama all during high school and not once was it suggested that the fathers step down, let alone the children not be allowed to be publishers. Of course, these fathers donated large amounts of money to the congregation and the CO. I'm glad that your wife is working with you on this one.

The emperor has no clothes on!

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

D,

It will be officially announced from the platform that Benjamin no longer qualifies as an unbaptised publisher.

You say it like it's a bad thing.

-Fire

• ugg
    ugg

this is so awful...that poor kid,,,and as a parent how it hurts to see your child hurt...hugs to you all

• pincushion
    pincushion

How can one find solice is a "church" if they have to hide the kids in the car until the service starts? In regards to what fire dragon said...I would say its a good thing your son is finding out NOW all the prejudice and shunning. The earlier in life the better! Tell him we a rooting for him!

• onacruse
    onacruse

Bad of them....GOOD FOR YOU!!

Craig

• Quotes
  • mustang
    mustang

dMouse:

Your son has a real chance of growing up to be HIMSELF. He may never realize how close he came to being REALLY traumatized.

From one who pIONEERED for years & spent decades getting over it...

Mustang

Edited by - mustang on 30 September 2002 18:29:7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit