How often do you get called on?

by In_between_days 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

During the last five years that I've been inactive, I have had evidence that the elders have been to my door twice. The first time was several months after I quit going to the meetings (I didn't answer the door) and then last year, there was a hand-written invitation to the memorial on my door from my favorite elder (he was a really nice guy). Another year, a sister who lived in my complex put an invitation in my door and wrote that she would give me a ride if I needed one.

Otherwise, I haven't seen anyone in my area actually doing the preaching work. I have thought it strange. You would think, if we were so close to The End, they would be knock, knock, knocking now more than ever.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

It's been just over two years since I DA'd and there has been only one visit in that time, before I split with the wife. Apparently I am "blacklisted" as when I pulled up in the driveway and they saw me, they literally ran down the driveway.

Other than that, the only JW visits I get are from the soon to be exwife. I get regular visits asking for money so she can pay her phone/internet bill, get a new TV and DVD player out of layaway and such.

I do get JWs that regularly drive past my house and when I am outside and see them, I do smile and wave. Not always the one finger salute either. So far, none have returned my friendliness

<<sniff, sniff>> I didn't even receive a birthday card from the Kingdom Hall yesterday either

Lew W

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I know from several congregations in Germany that the DNC lists are not really taken seriously.

I remember that I handed in an DNC-adress and they had to start a new list. Later I was responsible for the territories and I learnt that this "list" was really exitent but the publisher put little papers in the envelope of the territory cards.

The DNC system does not work. There is no real system if you get a call or not.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

In fourteen years I can only recall them calling twice. On the second visit, I asked them numerous questions. They promised to return, but have never been back.

• Patanegra
    Patanegra

From my perspective, door-to-door visits have been steadily abandoned by street preaching. Well, actually Spain is a sunny country. I dunno if it's the same in rainy places

Patanegra

• Quotes
    Quotes

I don't know if I am on the (useless) DNC list, or if the security at my condo keeps them out (they could always phone me, everyone else does).

A non-JW friend tells me when they call at his house (he always confronts them with the juicy stuff from my Quotes webpage) and usually scares them away (the often say "don't believe that garbage you read on the internet) before disappearing.

Last time they called on him, he asked them to disprove the quotes, i.e. demonstrate that they never said this or that, here is the reference, it should be easy to disprove, no? They promised they would come back. Of course, they didn't. I suspect he might now be on a "DNC warning vile opposer" list.

• dsgal
    dsgal

I have been inactive since this past January and two pioneer sisters have been by twice to try talking me into going back.No elders have been by.As far as witnesses coming by in service,I doubt if my territory has been worked in the last three years.

• In_between_days
    In_between_days
    If you want the magazines, I would go where they do street work as ask for the current magazines

Are you kidding? I will never have any dub propaganda material in my home EVER AGAIN!! I was just curious why they havent called, being such "Zealous preachers" and all.

• blondie
    blondie

In-between-days, I understand that some feel the way you do. Others have expressed other feelings, not with a few of becoming a JW, but in keeping up on their propaganda because they have family members that are still JWs.

If you took them on the street and tossed them later in the trash, you would save someone else from being contaminated.

• minimus
    minimus

Nearly everytime I put up my hand....lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit