Drugs

by Satanus 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

During my watchtower days, from their 'college level education', i had the impression that all street drugs were terribly addictive, as soon as someone did a drug one time, he was hooked. That drugs reduced people to souless protoplasm. Street drugs are actually classified into two basic groups:

Narcotics

Psychedelics

Coke, heroine, speed, alchohol would all fall into the narcotic family. Psychedelics would include marijuana, lsd, psyliciben, ayahuasca, dmt etc. Tobbacco is somewhere in between. Ecxtacy is called an empathetic. I believe it's not really a psychedelic. Narcotics, especially cocaine, heroine, speed are addictive. Their positive affects are very temporary, damage is longterm. Those three are terribly addictive.

Psychedelics are completely different. They are generally nonaddictive. While they are often overused, in some ways, they can have positive influences. Some people i know, smke mj every day. They use it as a palliative to help them to cope with residues of other abuses .

The traditional use, perhaps the original use of psychedelics, was for religious, healing, guidance purposes. That makes psychedelics a sacrement. American and central american indian shamans used it in that context, as well as the south american and siberian. They were behind the greek mystery religions, possibly the hindu practices of tantra, yoga and perhaps buddhism. Tibetan buddhism was a fusion of the imported buddhism and there own shamanism. There ar suggestions that psychedelics aided the germination of zerostrianism and a few other religions.

Psychedelics have been used by some writers, artists, psychiatrists and many musicians as an aide in creativity and focusing. Recent research found traces in shakespere's smoking pipes. I use mj occasionally, every few weeks, in meditation.

So, what about it folks? Do you have information to add to my essay?

SS

• Robdar
    Robdar

I want some of what Saint Satan has been smoking....

Love,

Robyn

• Valis
    Valis

Greetings SS.. thought you might appreciate this website. There's lots of ethnogenic information to be found and I hope it helps.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "spiritual food" class

• Satanus
    Satanus

*SS accepts spiritual food from spirit appointed brother overbeer, partakes, passes it to sister robdar*

Thanks, valis.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I was watching VH1 late one night, and save a show on Ecstasy, X the drug. It was interesting that in the 60's and not that long ago until banned, it was used by doctors for therepy. You had to go to the clinic and be with a doctor and he would analyse you while you were using it. I wonder why they stopped using it for that purpose? Maybe everyone was too busy feeling good and forgot what they were so depressed about .

The show also said, that you can use X one time and it can forever alter your brain chemistry. Also when you come down off the drug you get "suicide tuesdays", which is a deep depressive state .

Personally, I wouldnt mind having a tank of laughing gas strapped to my back as I deal with my kids. This sounds like a good idea huh?????????? lol Just kiddin, in case I get any lectures for wanting to be on mind altering chemicals..................

• onacruse
    onacruse

I'll settle for a concoction of yohimbe, panax ginseng, tribulus terrestris, epimedium, deer velvet, muira puama, damiana, and saw palmetto.

Let The Good Times Roll

Craig ( of the lascivious old man class)

• Mac
    Mac

Ona,

If that doesn,t get it up, try a block and tackle! :)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Onacruse

You can be my doctor.

Lyin

I would never encourage a reckless use of drugs. The traditional aboriginal use of psychedelics, as i said was for guidance or healing. They can be used to get to know ourselves better, find meaning in our lives. It's a bit like an internal television. It's more meaningful than the regular external television. The theory is, if we know ourselves better, then we can cope better.

SS

Edited by - saintsatan on 28 September 2002 20:17:0

• Mac
    Mac

For some interesting reading try these:

True Hallucinations

The Archaic Revival both by Terence McKenna

Mac of the pretending not to know class

• songmistress
    songmistress

Craig,

you can also add Horny Goat Weed for horny old goats.

Cheryl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit