What's with the new Luxurious K.H's?!

by Lin 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Blondie that last line almost had me spitting my soup across the screen RIGHT ON!!!!

• Gywen
    Gywen

Hey Lin,

I know exactly what you are talking about. When I was a dub in So. Cal, the new circuit assembly building was SO luxurious and posh, that all of us dubs commented out loud about it. I mean actually commented inside looking around in awe (with jaw open) and saying out loud "what about all the talk of simplicity, and how we are better than Christendom for having simplicity?".

I'm talking about cathedral style ceilings, sun roofs with electric open/close mechanisms; MARBLE columns (what is up with that?) and marbel walls, and gold trim. Honestly, this was more posh than any church I have been to since (even if it was a meeting place for circuit assemblies...doesn't matter).

Oh yes, the parking lot wasn't paved...it was a cement parking lot! Can you imagine how much a gigantic parking lot like that would cost, completly cemented over (instead of simple asphalt)?

They are so full of it. The WTS is wealthy...and they don't spend a dime of their wealth helping the sick and poor. I hope they all rot in hell.

Not that I'm bitter or anything...cuz Im not.

• blondie
    blondie

Lady Lee, I hope you didn't ruin your computer. I have to get a lamb and see if I can add that special touch without being seen.

Yes, the WTS is worried too about the congregations spending so much money on the KHs instead of giving it to the WTS. The September 2002 KM has an insert showing how the WTS has used money to build KHs in African countries. No marble columns in any pictures. There is a cathedral style ceiling in one but no walls. All of them have windows, surprisingly. It guess there must be less crime there (just kidding). No evidence of any AC that no KH in the US would be without (of course there are no windows in many of those) even though it must be just as hot in Africa as in many areas of the US in the summer.

Yes, JWs in the US are a selfish, greedy, whiny lot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit