Is Child Abuse being Hijacked ?

by Earnest 19 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Earnest
    Earnest

Just a question, minimus.

Edited for change of Subject Heading:

I have amended the subject as I agree it was inflammatory and detracted from my main concern that child abuse victims are being treated as pawns. It was intended to be a parody of minimus' post on Ted Jaracz and I apologise if any other impression was given.

Edited by - Earnest on 28 September 2002 17:38:25

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

good

Edited by - hawkaw on 28 September 2002 19:36:1

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

oh oh, i think your going to get an earful !!!

• Simon
    Simon

I can see the point you are trying to make but there is a huge difference:

No one has accused minimus of rape or being a pedophile but someone has accuse Ted Jaracz.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

fixxed

Edited by - hawkaw on 28 September 2002 19:36:48

• minimus
    minimus

I think this is a case where such a question is disgusting and offensive. I wonder why this is left on, Simon. If you would like me to engage in a nasty attack with EARNEST, I am tempted. But I don't think I should.

• blondie
    blondie

I notice that in the media that until a person is proven guilty, they are called the "alleged" murderer, the "alleged" child molester, the "alleged" thief. That is to protect themselves legally. So one of the persons attending the march alleged that Jaracz raped her, so I understand.

• Earnest
    Earnest

Minimus and I do not know each other and this is not a joke. However, it is quite clear I am not seriously suggesting anything about Minimus except that he abuses his freedom of speech. I am also making the point that you can insinuate anything about anybody whether you have the evidence to back it up or not.

What I am serious about is that the really dreadful crime of child abuse is being hijacked in order to attack the WTS. To my mind this is simply using the victims as pawns in a bigger game. I deplore it. Certainly the WTS should be held to account, as should the Catholic church and all other groups that are reprehensible. I thought the idea of another poster that Silent Lambs should be broadened for all victims of child abuse went some way to making them the focus of our attention.

Finally, I compliment minimus in not engaging in a slinging match. As a matter of fact I have a lot of respect for many of his posts. But not his 'Jaracz - Pedophile/Rapist' post. I thought it to be an emotional abuse of free speech. So was my heading. It made the point.

Earnest

• Valis
    Valis

Earnest, the only way you can test the veracity of that claim is to talk to the victim who alledges said abuse. Why don't you try finding out for yourself instead of posting a thread like this? I'm quite sure that we can find out exactly who made the claim and the one who shouted it at the march. Wouldn't this be a more constructive way of getting down to the "truth" of the matter? Or perhaps you are afraid of what you might find out? Call Bill and ask him why don't you? Bitch all you want about another person's posts, but your abuse of "freedom of speech" isn't cool by far. Get bent and have a nice day.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• minimus
    minimus

EARNEST, if you were publicly accused of child molestation, and someone questioned that, it's wrong? You are a WT. apologist. I guess that's better than suggesting EARNEST is a pedophile or rapist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit