JUST GOT BACK FROM MARCH.

by hamptonite21 15 Replies latest social current

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

In jdub days coming home from the coventions the car discussion would always ask "what are you taking home with you from the convention"- meaning what part did I like or how was I encouraged. To be honest, answering that question has always been a struggle.

I asked myself this question as I sat in traffic for 2hrs on my way home from the March. It was easy, to see the 100 or so people so compassionate about there cause, representing over 20 states, thinking about all the emails and people in the chat room that couldnt make it that I know were thinking about the march today. I took home a BIG SMILE! Better than any assembly that I have attended. This march, the lambs from all over the country really ment something.

Walking down the street I could see all the dubs in there offices looking down at the marchers. One by one they dissappeared (probably reprimanded for giving the attention) but it worked. The cause was advertised and the seeds were planted. I look forward to being able to have a continued activity to force a change. Hope your listening WTBS! Silent no more!

Edited by - hamptonite21 on 27 September 2002 19:39:22

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thanks, hampton. i guess you, bill and the others are heros, sort of. Like the guys coming home from world war one. *throwing confetti*

SS

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Oh one more thing, keep your eyes posted for media stuff. There were about a handful or more there.

• Simon
    Simon

It's good to know you enjoyed it and it was so effective. Well done

• patio34
    patio34

Yahoo! Bravo! Kudos! It must have really felt wonderful to be involved in such a great cause!

Pat

• Flip
    Flip

Finally, real " ... doers of good" made an appearance in Brooklyn.

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Outstanding! It's all I thought about all week. For every one of you there were a ton of us out there. I felt like I was missing Woodstock again or something like that. I can't wait for the media report. Oh yeah, and pics from Bill Bowen. Hooty hoo!!!

• TheStar
    TheStar

Joining Saint Satan in throwing confetti...

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Kick ass!

• teejay
    teejay

Photos?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit