Mentions in the WT

Christ Jesus:

Jesus Christ:

• jonza
    jonza
    How did you generate this?
  • Bobcat
    Bobcat

I made a couple of posts on this thread in reference to the "Christ Jesus" vs "Jesus Christ" difference in the and and new NWT that may be of some use to you.

Bobcat

• runForever
    runForever

jonza: I used chartgo.com and just entered the info by hand from the wt cd.

bobcat: thanks.

• wokeup
    wokeup
    I'm curious. Could you do one with the "FDS". That would be very interesting indeed.
  • prologos
    prologos

As a general rule Christ first would indicate a past-"resurrection" person, a higher form of fiction,

Jesus first , concentrating on the Human nature, or a pre-resurrection aspect of the story. so:

Your graphs indicate that wt has never really had much sympathy for a higher power, (the 100 year mini-rule of "Christ" since 1914 notwithstanding), but  

A particular peak interest for "Jesus Christ" the man's story  existed with wt writers in the 60ties and 70ties. 

thanks for the hidden message's possibilities. 

• runForever
    runForever
    wokeup: i'll be working on that.
  • Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

runF,

Don't be too simplistic over the term "FDS", inasmuch as its meaning has been amended over their history. For example, even though he said he was not keen on the idea, people such as Maria Russell applied the term to her husband Charles Taze.

Of interest, is to determine when they shifted from its meaning as a particular individual to a group. I have personal doubts that Rutherford would be too keen to share his decision-making. A complete autocrat.

Further, until 2013, the term included all Spirit-anointed; it is only since 2013 that the GB has drawn it exclusively to its own group.

There is a difference between data and information.

Doug

• runForever
    runForever

I completely agree with you Doug. The context is the ultimate indicator. I would have to almost read every watchtower to do that or come up with some sophisticated software and that's just not going to happen. I know someone on here was doing just that with every watchtower in a searchable database and advanced search features but they haven't updated us.  So this is a good eyeball on the situation and some words like 'Christ Jesus' and 'Jesus Christ' do represent sentiment very well because they are not so context dependent.

Here is FDS and FS:FDS and FS  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit