To Current Witnesses

by freedom96 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ugg
    ugg

i have tried to find out,,,,hubby is active,,,so i get "inside" news....everything i have heard is that

it is all lies given by apostates....

• Angharad
    Angharad

I heard that one hall was saying its all lies in the media and apostates.

• minimus
    minimus

Right now, it's not even an issue. Maybe after tomorrow it will be talked about. Or maybe it will be viewed as a bunch of apostates trying to make trouble again.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

My Aunt and Uncle basically said the same thing, it's all lies and apostate material. They even said that Bill Bowen said that he is trying to bring down the org. So I told them to prove he said that. They shut up, and then I said, well then, what elder did you hear this from. No response to that either.

• mamashel
    mamashel

I have asked several lately about it, and I was really supprised at the number of them that had no clue. I really dont know if they are being truthful or not, but I know the 2 that were good friends of ours were clueless.

Other said it was just persicution and lies. I said you mean like what you do to people. lol yeah right.

mamashel

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Not much at all in my hall. I, on the other hand am disgusted by it and its one of the reasons that I am now here.

There were a few comments by some, most just parroted the usual... "if they they would wait on Jehovah" and "they should not have run ahead of the organization like that" (meaning those interviewed on Dateline, etc.)

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

At yesterdays servo meeting we had a letter read to us from the GB.

I believe it was read to all congregations in australia.

Essentially it recognised the sunday program. The brother went on to say that

" we know the organisation is clean, but in response to the sunday program, we should expect to face this issue now in the field. To answer these ones we must point out that the society's position on this matter has ALWAYS been ( mentioned an ' 88 watchtower ) the same, that is that we abhore these type of yada yada, those that confess, those that are found guilty of yada yada, will never have positions yada... ALL REPORTED CASES of child sexual abuse is and has been ALWAYS REPORTED to the authorities ( and so bloody quickly then said ... ) where it is required by law "

He went on awkwardly for about 5 minutes, and almost everyone was making notes of the scriptures he was mentioning and WT articles he was referencing to. Extreamly without emotion or any teaching decorum at all.

His initial aim was to give us some info that we could use to answer those that would raise ths issue in the field. He really failed there. He just wanted to get it over with it looked like.

What is obviously missing there, methinks is that he is there giving us lack of info to answer others, but it is more US, his audiance, the witnesses, that will be asking the hard questons of him and others that represent the org. The "worldly ones " dont really give a toss i have noted.

There has been open discussion of the issue to my suprise. Both at the halls and at social gatherings. Most people are reasoning through it discounting it as media / apostate slander. Having said that though, all agree that the kids need protecting at any cost.

I was a fly on the wall last sat at a party cum piss up, where the subject came up and a sister was trying to explain to the rest of the group how this new wave of pedo accusations had evolved from. Apparently an elder from the UK who was molested when he was a kid couldnt get any empathy from whom he had approached for consolation, so the proverbial bust and here we are......sad really, all those hearing this were nodding, well there ya go ...how dangerous a little info can be huh....

It will easily blow over

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Most of my Witness friends don't know a thing about any of this until I tell them. I've gotten responses ranging from "yes, I agree it's a problem" to a blank, Stepford-wife stare. The Society is doing a great job of keeping this from the R&F and will continue to do so. Creepy, isn't it? I get the impression from a lot of them that they really don't give a damn anyway, since it's not THEIR children, and all they want is to be left alone in their fool's paradise to continue their little rituals so they can feel virtuous and holy.

Nina

• pandora
    pandora

As some of you may know, My older sister has recently become active again. (Barf!!!) Now, we don't talk about it at all. (Sore subject, obviously) But she just happened to be at my house on the day the Connie Chung Expose ran. And I just HAPPENED to have it on. ;) (Thank all of you for let me know it was coming on.)
    She did make a comment that she mentioned to a sister that she thought the 2 witness rule was wrong. She was then admonished by this sister not to say that too loudly. So evidently, in her congregation, it is being discussed. Just very quietly. I think it is just something to wisper about. But no one wants to upset the apple cart. You know what I mean?
    -P(J)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit