new TMS talks... i think i am going to....

by surferdude 13 Replies latest jw friends

• surferdude
    surferdude

tell the overseer,

A. take me off the list for talks,

B. only give me the number 4 talks(develop your own talk).

.... how do you think that will go over? right now i read for the WT on sundays, but i think it will be very weird to just go up on stage for 4 minutes with no intro and conclusion and just read the scriptures and then just step down. and i really think that going up and reading a WT article (again) is very unnecessary, we already do a review of last years articles everyday in the text. i think i have one more talk with the old book,,, but i think i will bow out for the 2003 year... IT IS A "VOLUNTARY" SCHOOL, RIGHT????? i think i deserve some time off after a few decades..

sd

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Are you saying that they will be going over the Watchtower AGAIN during the TMS????

How pathetically cultish!!!

Get it in the mail and read it right away since it's your letter from Jehovah (that's 1 time)

Review the material before placing in Saturday field service (that's 2 times)

Study it the Friday or Saturday before it's done at the meeting (that's 3 times)

Read about it in the Daily Text during the next year (that's 4 times)

Learn it again at the TMS (that's 5 times!!!!!!!!)

And to think that it could all be done away with as old light at any given moment. Ugggghhhh. I feel sorry for you. Why don't you just take a break from it all.

• benext
    benext

This may be a result of no-shows because of not knowing how to develop a talk or to encourage new ones to join the TMS. But if you drop out of the school you won't be reading the WT on Sundays anymore.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Blue, you forgot the going over the WT during the meeting, 6. And the family study of the WT. You study it yourself on friday, the go over it with the family on Saturday, and you'll be finally ready to answer questions during the sunday meeting.

LOL, they were lucky if I read ahead DURING meeting to answer the question...let alone pay attention

• surferdude
    surferdude

Elders, or former ones should i say,,,,,,, what is the official protocol for the WT reader and such,,,,, or did you have people that just did not like giving talks,, but were otherwise "strong" witnesses? did the c.o. give specific instruction on such cases? i know that is not written down anywhere, or is it one of those "unwritten laws"? i remember in the recording of the kms/elder school there were alot of instructions that involved "beating around the bushes" and veiled instructions, BUT not giving specific , written commands for the elders to follow,,, they were just "understood"

You think the "take me off for now, i just need a break" excuse will work? i give a talk like every 7 weeks

sd

Edited by - surferdude on 26 September 2002 14:21:39

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I think you're missing the intent here. They're trying to produce better public readers, and for sure that's something that is seriously needed. This way the student doesn't have to concentrate on anything other than reading.

Admittedly,the fact that this has to be done speaks volumes.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

I must admit i havent even bothered to look at what the new school outline is.

If it is indeed a 4 minute Bible reading and nothing else..this should frankly be applauded.

After all nothing is greater, from a Christians perspective, than the Bible.

If it is only reading the WT than I will puke

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

What a joke. At what point does anyone look up and say "Man, this school is for complete morons!"? Perhaps next year they can 'simplify' the talks more to encourage more moron JWs to particiapte - change it from a 4 min bible reading to allowing the JW to walk onstage, and press play on a WT cassete player and everyone listens to a 4 min WT reading rfom cassete. Then the moron JW won't even have to speak.

What a joke the oh-so highly exalted 'school' has become. Yea, just as good as a college education.

• Makena1
    Makena1

you asked: Elders, or former ones should i say,,,,,,, what is the official protocol for the WT reader and such,,,,, or did you have people that just did not like giving talks,, but were otherwise "strong" witnesses? did the c.o. give specific instruction on such cases? i know that is not written down anywhere, or is it one of those "unwritten laws"?

On my former BOE, the requirements to read at WT were:

1. Exceptional reader who met or exceed the congregation average of hours in Field service - which at the time would have been 6 hours or better.

There were some older pubs who were exemplary but for various reasons did not feel up to giving talks anymore from the platform. I doubt we would have used anyone to read the WT if they were not also enrolled in the school however.

JMHO

Mak

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Mike is right! Bible reading should be the most important aspect of worship.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit