SPEAK OUT! about emotional blackmail....

by professor 13 Replies latest jw friends

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Do it too quickly for the sheilds to go up.

Such as "I love God heaps, I really have been praying a lot lately"

Surely a question will come to you about "org", to which you could reply "don't be ridiculous, I'm talking about God"

I suppose what I'm saying is mention God, but not the org. If the org. is mentioned then dismiss it out of hand.

paduan

Edited by - a paduan on 26 September 2002 8:40:7

• mamashel
    mamashel

This crap just makes me sick. This is such a sensitive subject for me because both of my in-laws are still in. We dont see my father in law much because he is in another state, but my motherinlaw lives 2 miles away. My hubby and I are both out and the rest of all his side of the family are in. What gets to me the most is, they have shunned him so bad, but his mother who is a jw, married a man (worldly) fresh out of prison. This man did 15 years for murder. She knew him from before he went in because they used to live together before he went to prison. Now, here is what gets me the most. She marries him, he tells the elders that he doesnt belive in the jw's teaching and it is a cult. Ok, now they know where he stands. He starts beating the 15 year old daughter (my husbands sister) and mother has him removed by the police. Then hubby kicks his ass, and I mean literally beats his tail, and the family jumps on him. The mom lets this fool back in her house to do it again. We have washed our hands of the situation, but everyone that I talk to just says she is the most wonderful witness they know. Oh btw, she watched this man hit her daughter in the jaw with his fist, and let him back to do it again. I called child protective services, and she was removed from the home.

So the family will shun the df or da, and let the ones that do the most damage sit right in the middle of the kh, and go door to door.

Sorry so long, It just really gets to me when this crap happens. And I know one of them will really need him one day, and he isnt even going to answer the phone.

mamashel

• pandora
    pandora

It just blows my mind how this stuff actually works. My older sister was blackmailed into going back in just this way. Her son and daughter decided one day that they were not going to talk to her anymore if she didn't come back. My 'lapdog' sister decided it was worth going back for. It just sickens me. There was nothing I could do. Every time I tried to discuss it with her, her shields went up immediately. It was so disheartening that I finally gave up. She still talks to me, but it is so strained. We used to be so close. And now it is almost not worth bothering. It depresses me to think about it.
    -P(J)

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

I'd sure like the names of these people that they mention and hear the rest of the story. Also, the ratio of those who crawl back and those who just get more "pissed-off" when they are treated that way and grow further apart. Now, that would be information worth reading....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit