onacruse

Yeah, yeah, I'm 50, I should know all about this, right? LOL

So what worked for you?

Heavy on the romance, please!

Craig

• Mac
    Mac

Craig,

I think a wink and a ring might suffice at this point!

Mac

Edited by - mac on 26 September 2002 2:46:43

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

so i guess the element of surprise is out of the question?

btw, i think this whole thing u 2 got goin' is supercool!

SPAZ

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Lol, Okay, I have been in and out of the board... but uhm, have you told Katie yet? Cause she is no stranger to the board... The element of surprise might be missing here, lol.

I am very happy for you two. It is wonderful that you have found each other.

Kisses, Viv.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Craig, OMG, how wonderful for you and Katie...wow.....How soon we talkin' bout here?????

I think you should propose on the kindomhall parking lot!!!!!! J/K

And don't forget to go to Bethel for a tour , for your honeymoon. And most importantly, don't neglect your spiritual food, even a honeymoon is no time for slacking dude..hhehehehheh

I would think of something Katie really loves, a location, something she can go back to in her mind , who knows it may rain on ya,,,,, but it is how it is done, more thanthe place and circumstances. But it would be nice to have somekind of game plan.

Again so happy for you two. Keep us informed, so we can send gifts and cards.......It's it wonderful to start a new life, leaving the borg and finding a new love.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Oh yeah, Katie knows....which is why I'm looking for ideas.

Craig

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

OMG Craig! OMG! I am so happy for you two!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Can't help much, onacruse, even though I went through the same thing last year at 49. I was trying to come up with all these romantic ideas for a proposal setting, and one day, before I got to all that, we were just sitting in my car hugging and talking, and at a moment in the conversation that seemed to lend itself to it, I totally spontaneously said, "Will you marry me?". She said yes, and we tied the knot on last Oct. 7. So the romantic settiing never materialized, at least not for the proposal.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I can tell you how my present husband proposed to me. Of course, after a year together, I knew we were headed there, but a girl likes the romance of everything.

It was New Years Eve, 1984, and while we were watching the festivities on TV, he sent the boys off to bed (they were gigling as they left the room--so I knew something was up) When the clock struck midnight, he simply handed me a card. When I opened it up, it said all the romantic stuff we ladies like to hear, and then, over in the corner, he had written..."so will you please marry me?".

The answer was yes, and here it is eighteen years later, and we are still together, traveling the roads of life, up hills, down hills, tripping over roadblocks and enduring the interference from all kinds of "weather", We wouldn't have it any other way.

My best wishes to both of you.

Karen

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Onacruse!!! Bikerchic!!!

I swear I'm hyperventilating. I am so incredibly happy for you two.

A true JWD romance. How exciting is that?

I'll tell you how my husband proposed to me. He was a German national and I met him when he came to New York for an iassembly. When he went back to Germany we wrote for a while and then one day I received a ring in the mail - plus (get this) a round trip airline ticket to Germany. Round trip! So if it didn't work out I could always go back home. I thought that was so very thoughtful. I went to Germany, got married and the rest, as they say, is history. One of the best decisions I've ever made.

I know that you two will also have a successful union.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit