Yet more trolley (in)activity

by konceptual99 43 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I am currently having to spend a little time waiting for an appointment in the vicinity of a central London station. Whilst waiting I am catching up on some work in a cafe. I can see a couple of trolleys and have been watching them for around an hour now.

Not one person has stopped to take literature. They have had a couple of lost tourists and a couple who were obviously Witnesses come and say hello. The only other attention they have had is some stares in the direction of one of the sisters from passing white van men. There are literally hundreds of people walking past every 10-15 mins. There is zero effort to engage with the public - not even making eye contact and smiling.

I appreciate this is not exactly breaking news but it is yet further confirmation that the new approach is just as much of a waste of time as the traditional D2D work.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Now the overseeing elder has come along and is taking pictures of the inactivity for posterity...
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Now the overseeing elder has come along and is taking pictures of the inactivity for posterity...

And this will be heralded far and wide as a fine witness....and how many were converted to 'the truth(tm)' that very day. It will become an 'experience(tm)' at the a$$embĀ£ies and in JW legends forevermore.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Indeed. This is would be my contribution to such a gallery. It does show the elder doing something, actually helping someone in need. Even if it's only a lost tourist....

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

in my village the kult kart is on display in the main shopping street several days a week. recently i noticed a somewhat amorphous lump standing guard over it--and she looked familiair---i slowly realised its my ex wife !! not seen her for years .

then--just last week--an altogether prettier young lady was in attendance--who also looked vaguely familiar--i think it was one of my grandaughters -----but i thought better than just walking up to her--i was carrying a large bottle of cheap cider at the time-----just didnt look good.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    So..... you are saying that standing around waiting for people to come to you is not a good way to warn people of a very critical and urgent message?
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Apparently so. I've been working here almost three hours and there has been literally ZERO interest. The only conversations have been lost tourists.

It's worse than the doors but what an easy way for pioneers to get their hours.

• steve2
    steve2

Going door to door finding no one at home has driven the JWs to more publically accessible places with their literature trolleys where the people who aren't home to answer the door bells walk right past the trolleys. Hmmmmmmmm.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i suppose the next thing is---dragging the trolleys round on the door to door ministry ?
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Wow - after almost 3.5 hours the trolley minder has a customer but he has gone as quickly as he came.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit