How to avoid getting DF'd

by WTLies 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

Well, as long as my photo never gets out(the one I pass along to some people here), I should be quite safe. Seeing that I never do anything wrong to warrant a judicial meeting, I am still living out my inactiveness fairly peacefully. I did have a small run in with a couple of elders a few weeks back, but I stood my ground and played by their rules. I made sure to keep the 'two-witness' rule in my favor by not letting them team up on me in the back room. Luckily everything worked out and I still have not ever received that promised shepherding call that they said they would make. We even had the CO visit and nothing came from that. Not only did we have the CO visit, but a CO-in-training was there too. The trainee was a Br. Divine-sp? I already forgot his first name, might have been Joe but I'm not sure. He sure was a smooth dresser. Not only did he look like he was straight out of GQ, but he drives a brand spanking new Lexus ES300. He must be from out of state. No pre-CO in their right mind would buy a foreign car in GM territory, especially when a third of our hall works for GM. Besides, doesn't he realize that his new company car will be a Buick?

There I go rattling on again. Back to avoiding being df'd......Keep your mouth shut. Always think before you speak. DO NOT drink alcohol to the point where you speak your mind in front of other witnesses. Avoid at all costs speaking to elders in groups of two or more - keep it one-on-one if at all possible, otherwise use an excuse to get out of talking with them. Use work, if possible, as an excuse for not attending meetings and going out in field service. Manage to get 'sick' if you want to stay home to watch Ultimate Fighting Championships during a meeting night. Just say "no thank you" to any invitation regarding a spiritual nature, unless it is for a bar-b-que at someone's house and you know they make kickass ribs and steaks.

Those are the rules I follow. They have worked for me for the past few years. Still no problems.

• blindfool
    blindfool

Here is the real problem.

Did Jesus ask the man dying next to him, "and how many times did you commit these sins? Do you think my father in heaven has forgiven you?"

I don't understand how some of these elders sleep at night, knowing what they do to their "flock".

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Blindfool:

Apparently we have been using the abridged version of the Holy Scriptures. This is the only explanation as surely our loving governing body would not have led us astray and ceased following Jesus Christ's teaching. It has come to my attention that in my Bible Jesus full conversation with the Samaritan lady at the well has likewise been condensed. Undoubtedly Jesus would have grilled her about her sex acts and her under garments before he granted her forgiveness. Also don't you think the Bible would have many more readers if we could read Nathan's entire inquisition of King David? Just think how valuable David's in-depth description of sexual intercourse from thousands of years ago would be to sociologists. Are we to believe that Nathan didn't get all the details? Obviously he behaved as an elder would today, I mean where else did they get the pattern of healthful works?

We may not have this information but thankfully the loving brothers at Watchtower realized its important and included inquisitions and an opportunity for pennants to grovel at their hearings.

Nanoprobe

Former member of the: They would rather lie to me than look at me Class.

WTLies....Thank you so much for clearly outlining that info!!!

Edited by - nanoprobe on 25 September 2002 19:6:17

• Mary
    Mary

If you are disfellowshipped what would you do? You can something simular to the above answer here but always include, how you're going to spend more time in field service. If you committed be a sin of a sexual nature, they might ask:

Did you enjoy it?

Did you have and ogasm?

Did you perform oral sex? Always answer NO to all three questions.

I got a better idea.......look at one of the elders straight in the eye when they ask this and say "you should know" and give him a big grin.

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Sorry bout that Carmel! Come to think of it, I never did like that say'in!

I'll be better! =;o)

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Mary, you're so bad!!! =;o)

Don't you know, they like details!!! lol

• jimbob
    jimbob

Let me say this....if you're a guy and you had sex, the elders don't ask too many questions. But if you're a girl and you're in a judical committee for sex, they ask you all the details. I know this because my wife was df'd many years ago for this (before I knew her, and she got reinstated a year later) and when she told me all the detailed questions they ask, I couldn't even believe it! They even asked her how many times he went in and out! What a bunch of sick f*&ks!!! Like someone even keeps count! Just shows you how twisted their committees are and they were living out their fantasies through her. I told her she should've told them to get a Penthouse forum and to f*&k off! Of course back then she was a good dub and answered all their questions. Just shows you how sick these people are!!

Edited by - jimbob on 25 September 2002 23:39:1

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

it is unbelievable what the elders will ask, what they think is their business, all in the interest of keeping the cong clean.

How about this......take care of yourself, and your children. Make sure that they know what sex is, what abusers are like, and that no matter who they associate with, they are responsible to say NO.

That way we won't ever have to hear the term, keeping the org clean, again. Or protecting the brothers and sisters from bad influence.

Are we responsible for our actions or NOT??? No one can make us go bad, no one can lure us into sin if we did not want to go there.

I laugh when we hear about the dangers of the internet. Come on; if marriages were healthy, would they fall apart because someone found their soulmate online?

someone please knock me out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit