Islam is a religion of Peace

by Coded Logic 33 Replies latest social current

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Warning:  Poes Law may apply

I just wanted to take a moment and remind everyone that all Muslims are good people.  And just because some of them do really evil things, like walk into buildings and shoot a bunch of cartoonist in cold blood, it has nothing to do with their religion.  Even if they point blank say they're doing it in the name of their religion - its still not because of their religion.  And even if they say they're avenging their prophet - it's not their religion.  That's not the real reason.  It's because of the war in Iraq . . . or because of capitalism . . . or because of what America did to the Indians . . . or because of the Crusades . . . or because of some other damn thing.  But it has NOTHING to do with their religion okay?

Yes, I know the Quran tells Muslims to kill the infidels - but that really means they are supposed to love everyone.  It's a metaphor.  Get it?  Death is a metaphor for love . . . or something.  It's really obvious if you just don't think about it.  Anyway, the Quran is not supposed to be taken literally.  And those who do take the sacred words of Allah literally - aren't "real" Muslims.  "Real" Muslims would never kill in the name of their religion . . . even though they're commanded to.  So remember, all of the stuff you see on the news isn't related to Islam.  Nothing to see here.  Keep on moving.

Oh yeah, and one other thing, all those nasty scriptures don't count either . . .

Quran 9:5 – “And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush.

Quran 5:33 – “Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment.”

Quran 9:29 – “Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture

• talesin
    talesin

:weary:

*yawns*   So, do we have nothing else of interest to discuss?  

t :snail:

• smiddy
    smiddy

The clue is in the posters name tag : Coded Logic , get it ?

Think about it .

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Having said that , I believe an 18 year old has turned himself in to the police admitting his involvement in the crime , if that is verified as being true ,after extracting information on the others involved in the crime ,he should be taken out and executed for his part as a terrorist .

That would be justice done .

smiddy

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

And what purpose would killing an 18 year old serve?  

It won't bring the dead back.  It won't make the victims families feel any less worse.  And it won't dissuade Jihadist who are already prepared to die.  

If he can be reformed and eventually introduced back into society then so be it.  If not, keep him permanently removed from the public where he can do no harm.  Capital punishment should only be used a last resort when no other options are available.  Not as knee jerk reaction.  

• talesin
    talesin

Yeah, Smiddy.  I just grow weary of people beating the same old drum ... there is so much to discuss, so much healing, so much GOOD stuff to share.  We all know about the world conflicts, we have discussed it to DEATH, and what news is this topic bringing to us?  It's just ,,, IMO ,,, stirring the pot.  

Do I feel enlightened?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Do I feel uplifted?:frowning:

Do I feel inspired to help someone?:shit:

No.

*shrugs*  but it is kinda sad. when you consider how much fun / stimulating discussion is being lost in favour of this repetitive type of rhetoric.  

:)

tal  :sunglasses:

• smiddy
    smiddy

Coded logic , for one thing he will never have the opportunity to do it again .

talesin , Tell that to all the familys who are greiving over the senseless death of their loved ones by cold blooded killers.

The pussyfooting around by do-gooders , bleeding hearts , in western society is taken as weakness , and only encourages more such like attacks to occurr .

Extremism of this nature needs to be rooted out at its base and requires harsh measures , not idealists.

smiddy

• talesin
    talesin

Smiddy, I don't care for Islam, no more than I care for Xtianity..  

Politics is politics, and there are MANY terrorist organizations in this world.  Some are cleverly disguised as our 'friends'.  If you don't know that is true, then I would think you naive.  There is a LOT of evil in this world, and the extremists in Islam are certainly counted among them in my books.  I just grow weary of the focus on this ONE issue, when there are so many HORRORS happening in the world.  But no, we only care about the threat to OUR way of life - and DAMMIT!!! Don't you see .. don't YOU see the pics of your own president holding hands with a Saudi PRINCE?  Smiddy!  Come on, man, they are all in it together - the rich elite! 

What about the women being raped in Africa by the military, every time they leave their villages for water?  They are left to suffer and live with horrible fistulas (yeah, do a google search),,,,,,,,,,,,

What about the people of Palestine - the Israelis who were displaced - the children being bombed?

What about the 200,000 Iraqis that were killed in the Bush offensive?

Yeah, I think Islam is a monstrous threat *at this moment*, but I think that here, it's a popular 'demon' for people to rant about, and stir up lots of anger, without giving any solutions.

So, yes *huge yawn* at the armchair warriors who like to shout "INJUSTICE" and "TERROR" ,,,,,,,, when they actually had two clues ... but one is lost, and the other one is out looking for it.  Last month it was a racist incident in St. Louis, if I'm not mistaken? 

What are we gonna whine/shout/argue about next?  What is the next world crisis that we aren't gonna solve, but we shall darn well scream and stomp our feet ONLINE on a discussion board (oh, big impact there .. NOT). 

Let's get onto some constructive topics for a change.  That's all I'm saying.

Oh, and by the way,,,,,,,,, I've had PLENTY of abuse, torture and pain in my life.  So guilt trips don't work here.  Nope.  You surprise me with that response.

I am proud to be a do-gooder!  But I don't pussy foot around, either.  If you check my posting history, you shall see that I have plenty of criticisms of ISLAM, but I refuse to be a drama queen.  That is all.

xo

tal :sunglasses:

• fiddler
    fiddler

Just my two cents worth, but the core problem with the jihadist mentality is rooted in a belief system that is dying along with fundementalist Bible based belirf systems...they are part of an old religious thought form and they are fighting like wild animals to stay alive all the while being penned in by evolving spiritual ideals and social structures that label them as barbaric.

And they are IMO.

But  they will keep breaking out and killing and hurting people until they finally die.  

Personally I look at these things as acts perpetrated by very unevolved people but time will tell...survival of the fittest anyone?  I certainly hope that love and compassion prove to be stronger in the final outcome.  Sometimes it feels like common sense and goodwill are losing the battle but although a few persons who commit heinous acts make the news there are many acts of kindness and compassion happening that don't make the news.  

Yes, survival of the fittest! 

• Viviane
    Viviane

The pussyfooting around by do-gooders , bleeding hearts , in western society is taken as weakness , and only encourages more such like attacks to occurr

The death penalty has never been shown to deter crime and it cost at least 3x incarceration, at least according to every study ever done. Why should other people pay more and get less just so someone can satisfy a bloodlust?

Also, anyone who has ever studied history, read a book by anyone who studied history or seen a movie by someone who read a book by someone who studied history would know that crazy people gonna do crazy things and the death penalty doesn't stop it. Never has, never will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit