When a JW calls at your door this month.......

by ozziepost 12 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

...........they may say:

"Do you think that the prayers of religious leaders or anyone else can bring about world peace?"

This is a suggested presentation from the October issue of Kingdom Ministry.

As is usual for the WTS publications, this question distorts the real story! It again is a backhander to the churches by the ones claiming to be true Christians. The WTS publications constantly seek to elevate themselves by putting down the churches.

I would suggest that the prayers of church leaders for world peace are NOT intended to bring world peace, but rather are a request to God that He bring world peace. See the difference?

So, if a Dub shows up at your door this month and speaks those words, you may like to point that out to them.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers, Ozzie

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

If the person who shows up is male, I will first clarify that he isn't a secret pediphile as I have children in the home. Then, I would answer his question with obviously not, as people throughout history, before, during & after Jesus have "prayed" and they all ended up in the same place - no one gets out of here alive.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I wonder if the prayers of the leaders of the Watchtower Society are any more efficacious than those of religious leaders? Wait. Scrap that idea. Pray for peace? No way. After all, wars are a sign of the end and then the Witnesses will have peace in their new earth. Peace before Armageddon is out of their hands and out of the question. But, then, their version of a literal battle of Armageddon is hardly peaceful either. They're upset about the wars that nations wage, they won't pray to end them, but they expect Jehovah to do the very thing they berate the nations for doing. Nor will they themselves go to war, but they expect Jehovah to do so! So why does Jehovah want us to be peacemakers, if in fact, he is going to be a warrior, as they proclaim?

• JuliG
    JuliG

I think I will get some little stuffed lambs, make bows for their necks with the silentlambs website addy, and give them as gifts to my visitors.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr
    I would suggest that the prayers of church leaders for world peace are NOT intended to bring world peace, but rather are a request to God that He bring world peace.

Good idea. Could really back them into a corner with this one. Ask them how they think God feels about killing 99% of the world's population when so many have prayed to him to save all of us.

Then again, they're dubs. You can lead a man to knowledge but you can't make him think.

Col. Bendrr, [classified]

• minimus
    minimus

JW's won't call at your door this month, silly.

• Swan
    Swan

I'll try to remember that point if they show up at my house, but I will probably be too stunned to say anything since they haven't talked to me in almost 9 years.

Tammy

• Prisca
    Prisca
    the prayers of church leaders for world peace are NOT intended to bring world peace, but rather are a request to God that He bring world peace.

Excellent point. I'd never thought of it that way - goes to show how much of the JW brainwashing is still there.....

• Faraon
    Faraon

Does that mean that I have to take down my

"No Jehovah's Witnesses Allowed, and if you Trespass I will Sue You"

sign?

Edited by - faraon on 25 September 2002 0:36:7

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

You can lead a man to knowledge but you can't make him think.

I'm still grinning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit