Hang-ups about sex

by jelly 11 Replies latest social relationships

• jelly
    jelly

I have not really thought this out yet but I was thinking after reading another post. What exactly did Jesus say about sex?

The only things I can remember about Jesus was that he revealed his messiahship to a woment that had multiple husbans (lovers), for married men to not lust after other women, and in his linage was a former prostitute.

Jesus to me did not seem to care that much about permarital sex, so I am wondering if Jesus was the perfect example of the father maybe sex is not and was never intended to be the sin that fundies make it out to be. Maybe sex was created into a sin by some early christians that had some kind of problem with sex.

Jelly

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

I don't think we would have all the wonderful feelings that go with comitted love making if it were a sin.
    TW

• logical
    logical

Revelation 22:15

• Carmel
    Carmel

Jelly,

Its spelled A P O S T L E P A U L !

carmel

• zev
    zev

Personally, I' just love it

__
    zev
    Sitting on the Wrong Side of the Fence Class

• jelly
    jelly

Carmel,
    I personally am not sure about the apostle paul. Thats why I wanted to limit the discussion to what Jesus said in the Gospels. Sometimes I have trouble harmonizing what paul said with the actions of jesus. I am not sure if this is due to:

Not understanding what paul meant (due to lack of context)
    The writings of paul being perverted by early church
    Or maybe Paul was never inspired

Jelly

• LDH
    LDH

Jelly, I'm with you.

I have a hard time reconciling Paul/Jesus.

• Kent
    Kent

Who cares about the "Apostle Paul"? The question was what Jesus said, nobody asked about the women-hater Paul!

Jesus himself got layed by "the well". Any other text from that era means having sex when those words are used as in this story - except in the Bible, naturally!

It's a shame Xians mate. They should stay away from sexs completely - and in just one generation we would get rid of the intolerant morons :(

Kent

• Gozz
    Gozz

Kent,
    Jesus got 'layed'? You're sure kidding.

Jesus was gentle while speaking about sexuality. He had compassion on the prostitute woman, alluding to our frail nature by asking the hypocrites to cast the first stone shot if they were innocent. He sure knew what everyone else knew that they've all been doing sth :)
    Paul's writings were most probably influenced by the practices of his day, which he considered crass. But even Paul showed some leniency when he said to reabsorb the man whose been doing things with his father's wife(?). Truth is, the Christian scriptures do not treat sexual sins the hypocritical way we do. 'We'. Sex, or sexual behaviour seems to be the ultimate sin.

God was the first to allude to it. ...be fruitful, and become many...HOW?

• freddi
    freddi

kent:
    i have to disagree with that line of thought. mind you i love sex like any other red-blooded woman but the Jesus thing being laid?
    please!
    we do have freedom of speech.
    peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit