My story!!!

by VeniceIT 23 Replies latest jw friends

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Well I haven't really posted my story here, for one reason it was too painful to write out. Well, I finally did go and write it up. It's pretty long so I'll just link it.

http://www.geocities.com/veniceexjw/mystory.html

Venice

• Kristen
    Kristen

Venice,
    I just read your story. Thanks so much for sharing! Isn't it so true how theraputic writing it all out can be? And thanks for the link to the newspaper article about the Tacoma Convention parking money situation. It saddens me so much to hear the same scenario over and over of the whole JW shunning process. One week you are okay, the next week you are deemed evil. It's so ridiculous.

Thanks again for sharing your story.

Kristen

• promqueennot
    promqueennot

Venice,
    I remember reading about the Tacoma Dome parking incident a while back. It caught my eye because I am from the Northwest as well. You and your parents are very brave for standing up for what you believe in. I am sorry to hear that your sister will not speak to you and your family or let you see your neice. I too know what that is like -- I have only seen my nephew once in the last 12 years. Maybe with the "new light" they will ease up a little and at least let JWs have a relationship with family members who are df'd. If not, then I hope that someday your sister has a change of heart to at least let you and your parents see your niece. Thanks for sharing! Monica

• somebody
    somebody

Venice,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm happy that you and your parents are out, but very saddened at the price that you all are paying, at the hands of the WBTS. I pray that someday, your sister will see what she is doing, and "what" she is putting her faith in. My heart goes out for your little neice too. It's astounding to know that the WBTS tell the media and public that disfellowshipping does not sever family ties, when they know that they are lying, and they know that it does. Just look at how many people who post on this board alone who have been severed from their own families! It upsets me greatly. Somebody ought to inform the WBTS of what the definition of the word "sever" is! And then they will turn around and say that the practice of disfellwshipping ( handing one over to satan ) is a "loving" arrangement from God. They have a perverted, distorted view of what "love" is too! When Jesus' judgement day comes, I pray he has mercy on them. They'll need it.

Thank you for sending me your Tacking article that you are working on too. I read it this morning. Great work so far!

Keep up the good work and stay strong, my friend.

peace,
    somebody

• Angharad
    Angharad

Thanks for sharing your story Venice. Sorry to hear how much you went through.

What you dad did was great - wouldn't you have loved to have seen their faces when they read the paper.

• doubtingsister
    doubtingsister

I enjoyed your story, thanks for sharing that. Keep trying, some day your sister will open up. Remember what the Bible says about being persistent!
    The parking scandal, it happened at more than one assembly, didn't it? I remember the last assembly and I forgot to bring my parking ticket and no one cared. It was all handled at the KH so I'm thinking it was handled the same way.

• TR
    TR

Venice,

Very powerful story. If JW's could just pull their heads out, just for a minute, and see the corruption.

Thanks for sharing your story. Your dad's a hero and so are you.

TR

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

Venice....all I can say is....WOW!

Despite the pain of what you had to give up, be proud that you were able to successfully stand up for yourself & the real truth. You're a very strong lady. With that kind of strength in you...You're going to have a great new life!

Best wishes to you & your parents! I'm so glad you have each other for support!

Love, Shauna

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Venice,

Thanks for your account. What a "friend" you had! Glad you are now free, but am also sympathetic re your own sister and her family...truly know what's that like.

I remember reading about the 'parking scandal' - and thought at the time how petty it was of the Borg to violate established policy just to gather in more dollars. I admire your father for exposing their tactics.

• Simon
    Simon

I rmember reading about the parking at the Tacoma Dome. Top marks for your father for standing up and being counted ... send him our regards.

It's amazing reading your story how the people we considered our friends are so quick to turn against us isn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit