Help me find proof

by showme 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Also, here are 2 very DAMNING QUOTES from the Watchtower Society:

Our Kingdom Ministry, May 1974 Issue, Page 3:

"How Are You Using Your Life?" Yes, since the summer of 1973 there have been new peaks in pioneers every month. Now there are 20,394 regular and special pioneers in the United States, an all-time peak. That is 5,190 more than there were in February 1973! A 34-percent increase! Does that not warm our hearts? Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end. 1 John 2:17."

Awake! Magazine, November 8th 1974 Issue, Page 11:

"Today there is a great crowd of people who are confident that a destruction of even greater magnitude is now imminent. The evidence is that Jesus' prophecy will shortly have a major fulfillment upon this entire system of things. This has been a major factor in influencing many couples to decide not to have children at this time. They have chosen to remain childless so that they would be less encumbered to carry out the instructions of Jesus Christ to preach the good news of God's kingdom earth wide before the end of this system comes. Matt. 24:14."

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

Oh man-

I remember my mom and her friend telling me about how they were joking around in 1973. Her friend was buying a new chimney, and you could choose the 2 year or 10 year warranty. Her friend asked if it would be showing a lack of faith to buy the 10 year!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit