Hi all, the prodigal daughter returns to JWD.

by cattails 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Perry
    Perry

Welcome back. What would you say is the biggest difference between east coast and west coast JW's is?

Just curious on your take.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I have an opinion on this as well Perry if you want to PM me. But I won't bog down her welcome with my musings.
  • cattails
    cattails

Thank you all for the nicest welcome.

Perry: Welcome back. What would you say is the biggest difference between east coast and west coast JW's is?

Huh! That made me stop and think.The Jehovah's Witnesses I grew up with were more laid back, definitely, but more earnest, but more fun, but more flirty, but more warm to each other, it's hard to describe it.

But the ones I've met in New England and especially around Boston are always busy, too busy, too stressed out, no time to have much fun, and waste a good part of the morning at Dunkin Donuts or McDonalds, they drive like maniacs and some--not all--are very self righteous, and gossip like old matrons.

Some Latinos and Black brothers from Southern MA and RI are very hip and wear soot suits (ya! I don't know why??? But it's kinda cool, and colorful socks too! Take that Anthony Morris III).

I do miss the get-togethers out west, the food, the weather, and the flatness of it all. Going in service in MA was a real trip at first, never seeing the horizon, woods everywhere and the houses seemed like they were all weird.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    Living in Pennsylvania, I can tell you from experience that the closer you get to Cult Headquarters, the more looney, strict, stressful, and Pharasiticial it becomes. Oh sure, there are control mechanisms everywhere you go in JW-Land, but the closer to HQ you get, the worse it is. New England / Mid-Atlantic states are the worst. UGH!!!
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Lol silly freemind. Internet crushes are for kids. I just flirt. Its a habbit. Im like a dog chasing a car, i wouldnt know what to do if i caught it
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai

I was back out west for a long while and I came back to New England.

Yes. New England has a way of sucking you back in even though all you want to do is escape from it.

I'm dreading the days when I will have to go back, but it beckons to me, reaching out with its cold wintery hands all the way to Asia.

waste a good part of the morning at Dunkin Donuts

What I would give to be able to waste time at a Dunkin Donuts! I want hazelnut coffee!!!!!

Welcome!

• DJS
    DJS

Welcome back, Cat,

Freemind, Morpheus and Village - Funny, funny stuff!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

_Morpheus I too am a hopeless flirt. Online and in life. That was my attempt at dragging you and village idiot into my flirting trifecta. lol

• under the radar
    under the radar

Welcome back, cattails! My Extremely Significant Other and I live in Manchester NH, about 50 miles northwest of Boston. I was born and raised in the South, but I love it here. Hope you missed our Winter from Hell (now there's a oxymoron!).

There are others of the ex-JW persuasion in the area as well. Maybe there will be an Apostafest up here one day. Kind of an "anti-convention." Now that would something worth attending...

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Welcome back! Hope you can escape soon. Freedom is wonderful!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit