Had my Hopes up for this Regional Convention

by James Jack 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Jack
    James Jack

Heard a lot buzz for our upcoming Convention. Those that already been were saying how great it was and all the videos that were presented.

Well, thus far not impressed! In fact many times pure insanity! One old Speaker(80'ish I say), could barely walk to the podium and had to hold his notes in his hand while he spoke to his notes, it was embarrassing.

GB's own Stephen Letts part, the 1st thing you notice is his pinky ring! It was very prominent in his talk, I was fixated on it. Sorry I do not remember any thing else from his talk. I told my wife, that he would be counseled by our Elders in our Congregation, and if he didn't respond right, he would lose all his privileges! Take take that Worldly Ring off!

Saturday afternoon part on "Faithful Single Ones", had a video that was down right weird. One sister interviewed obviously wore a wig that looked so fake and her eyes kept crossing, she said she never married to be a eunuch for Jehovah, she was down right ugly. The young man in the video had such a feminine voice, if you closed you eyes, you would have thought it was a girl.

5 of the Speakers wore big poco doted ties, with just a little makeup they would look like

clowns. You can not make this stuff up. So far I give this Convention a D plus.

The only 2 talks in my opinion that were decent was the last talk on Friday by a Bro. DIEKMAN "... Save what was Lost", he called Inactive Ones"Precious Lost Sheep". Different from other expressions I have heard about inactive ones.

And the Saturday talk "Follow Jesus, but not at a Distance" by a Bro. Selesky. He kept his name badge hidden and asked the audience if they at times fail to indentify themselves as JW's. Then he pull out a huge sheet of paper that was a blowup of his name badge and said we should be proud of who we are. Nice effort put into his talk.

One more day of this in Huntsville Alabama.

• Londo111
    Londo111

The best convention ever!

Isn't it a "sin" to say anything less?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wont be going to see this years RC of Jehovah's Witnesses of 2015 tittled

.... " Witnesses for the Psychotic and Delusional "

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Had my Hopes up for this Regional Convention

Why????

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

What high hope did you have? Pertaining to...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

........ This year we've condensed are irrational programed insanity and put it up on a large video screen.

This is so much better now.

Technology has greatly improved are religion, Jehovah now is sending us messages through the inter-net and

via video broadcast.

Next year its expected that we will change are name to JWorg. and drop Jehovah's Witnesses all together.

Jah is sending us New Light electronically, he's such a hip and modern god not like the old system of things of Satan the devil.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

People who say it's the best every (they say that every convention) are full on cd and have not turned on thought yet.

And if you listen carefully to the lost sheep bit. It's not about those of us like that. They do their best not to mention us. How many people really fade out simply because they are sad or beat up by satan. Nada. People who fade hate the cult. That book is 100% reinforcement for "in" witnesses and had nothing to with lost sheep.

• 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe

Once more they have failed to deliver.

Ours is still ahead in the coldest month of the year! Someone didn't think it through. But its a social club only bigger. Perhaps giving the single ones more chances to dress their best to meet, mingle and get a mate without the congregational medler's attention. We won't have videos either as it has even been difficult to have witness broadcast at the hall.

Looking forward... Not.!!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

he called Inactive Ones"Precious Lost Sheep".

"Precious Lost Sheep" is actually a recipe for roast lamb with herbs

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Those that already been were saying how great it was

But always! I cannot recall ever hearing anything else to describe each and every convention / assembly that ever was.

William Shakespeare's Much Ado about Nothing seems a more appropriate description to me!

Bill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit