Questions For The Skeptics (Unbelievers)

by Zechariah 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Zechariah
    Zechariah

Liberty,

You appear to be a classic example of what a skeptic being unwilling to see evidence of a creator. Skeptics like yourself delude themselves that the only evidence there is is for evolution. Yet I say the only evidence there is is for creation. Obviously we must be looking at two sides of the same coin. Which side we look at is a matter of choice.

Is what I said possibly true? If you are willing to experiment with this notion I would ask you or anybody else to provide me with anything you feel is positive evidence of evoution. By evolution I am referring to something evolving from nothing. Just one would be enough. I for certain will take this same evidence you provide and represent it as evidence for creation.

Belief is a choice and not delusion. Nobody has absolute knowledge of anything but the creator himself. Therefore for humans knowledge is and can only be a state of mind chosen with reasons by the individual. I have been enlightened with the amazing reality that it doesn't much matter what really occurs in life as it does how one perceives what has happened. Does the sight of a snake elicit feelings of fondest and love or great fear. The difference is what you choose to believe. If a baby or someone intentionally dribbles or pees (invalid) on you are you devestated and humiliated as if someone intentionally does the same thing you determine to degrade you. Christ said a christian is to rejoice when the persecute and kill you for my name. What one chooses to believe makes all the difference in the world. We create our own world by what we choose to believe. When we own this responsibility we can use this awareness as a source of tremendous power.

Anonymous Poem......
    See where beliefs fit in

Mind the master power that moulds and makes

And man is mind and evermore he takes

The tools of thought and shaping what it wills

Brings forth a thousand joys and a thousand ills

Man thinks in secret and it comes to pass

Environment is but his looking glass

I am only going to comment on the last line as the rest is pretty self explanatory. It means our environment does not make us what we are but shows us up for what we are (looking glass). We can have the same circumstances as someone else but not respond the same

This is the foundation key to all self motivation and positive thinking disciplines as well as a miracle cure for phobias. Change Your beliefs and change your life.

Zechariah

Edited by - zechariah on 23 September 2002 17:21:2

• detective
    detective

I can and will continually provide evidence of it that will be excepted with by anyone with eyes to see.

Zechy,

I like you. I think you are funny.

• rem
    rem

Yeru,

Are you talking about this study?

W.S. Harris et al. A randomized, controlled trial of the effects of remote, intercessory prayer on outcomes in patients admitted to the coronary care unit. Arch Int Med. 1999; 159 (19): 2273-2278.

Perhaps the news reports you heard about the study were exaggerated?

Here is a review of the study:

http://www.hcrc.org/contrib/posner/prayer.html

There are some more links available here:

http://www.skepdic.com/prayer.html

Maybe if you have the exact name of the study I can pull up some better info, but everything that I've read shows that there really is no statistically significant improvement of patients who receive intercessory prayer (IP).

rem

• rem
    rem

Zech,

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Evolution has nothing to do with 'something evolving from nothing.' Perhaps you are confusing Evolution with Abiogenesis? Remember, Darwin's masterpiece was called Origin of Species... not Origin of Life. Evolution only has to do with frequency changes of genes in populations over time. It is a fact that this happens. For evidence of Evolution in action, see http://www.talkorigins.org.

rem

• Realist
    Realist

Zech.,

ok as a sceptic i am dying to finally see your evidence!

please make a new thread with all the evidence for spirits, God etc.!

thanks !!!

Realist

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I worry about you Realist, please take up drinking or some other recreational sport.....

• Zechariah
    Zechariah

Rem,

You're not bursting my bubble. I'm not opposed to accepting any evolution process. Only where it comes to the conclusion creation is possible with out intelligent design and control (GOD/Creator). Its all irrelevant to me how God created life I only know he did and had to. It certainly didn't happen on its own. Yes something spontaneously from nothing. Just one and you win.

Zechariah

Edited by - zechariah on 23 September 2002 19:17:28

• Zechariah
    Zechariah

Realist,

When are you skeptics going to get it. There is no proof, no evidence, for anyone not willing to accept it. I haven't the ability to force anyone to accept something he is not willing to accept. I've been giving for a full day nothing but what is evidence (IMO). Accept it or not is your choice to make.

If you choose to be Godless be my guest. You not hurting me or God. You are only hurting yourself. Bad choice.

Zechariah

Edited by - zechariah on 23 September 2002 19:35:35

• rem
    rem

Zech

Nobody knows exactly how the first self replicating molecules got started. I prefer the honest approach (Not sure how it happened, but we're workin' on it) as opposed to the "goddidit" non-explanation. Remember the old explanation for rainbows? Goddidit... even says so in the Hebrew bible... but then this guy named Newton (not related to the biscuit) figured out that it was just refracted light - a naturalistic answer. No supernatural being necessary (Yahweh, in this case). In fact, even a child can create a rainbow. You see, the goddidit explanation is pretty much worthless, as far as explanations go.

So far there is no evidence that a goddidit (that is, created life)... but we know it happened at least once in this universe - somehow... and we are here. Maybe we will find evidence for this elusive god (Yahweh, Thor, Vishnu, Dyonisus, all of the above?) someday, but today saying goddidit is just as plausible as saying smurfsdidit. The amount of evidence is equal.

But if you are truly interested, there is some interesting work going on right now by scientists who are trying to figure out such mysteries (just as rainbows used to be a mystery). Do some homework on the subject and educate yourself. You might just learn something! :)

rem

• rem
    rem

Zech,

If you choose to be Godless be my guest. You not hurting me or God. You are only hurting yourself. Bad choice.

Which god(s) are we not hurting?

rem

Edited by - rem on 23 September 2002 19:37:9

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit