GB Not Providing Food-Helpers Write Articles

by TakeOffTheCrown 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

Why does the governing body depend on the helpers to write Watchtower articles and the information in other publications? Why does the Governing Body not write these articles themselves? They depend on the helpers to compose/write this information. Their whole claim, and only claim of being the Faithful and Discreet Slave is that they provide spiritual food at the proper time for the sheep. BUT, they do not write this information (this food) themselves. The helpers write it, and the GB will review it. Why does the Governing Body not write this information, this vital food for the sheep themselves? If they are the Faithful and Discreet Slave, and they have been anointed to speak for Jehovah himself, they are the ones who should be doing the writing; not the helpers. The helpers, for the the most part, are not anointed. How would they know what information Jehovah may want to convey to be the truth?

If the Governing Body want to be the ones tasked to convey information to the sheep from Jehovah, then they should write for themselves.

Do not delegate this most important task to a few non-anointed men. Yet, they are the ones providing the food to the sheep. A very heavy burden.

If you are the Faithful Slave, write for yourselves.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I agree. In fact, I started writing a post a few days ago about the writing of JW literature, but I ran out of time. I'm going to post it soon.

I think that not all of the GB even review the material before it's published.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

A few years ago they blustered about their editorial review process, something like 70 reviews of material before it goes to print. Its also been noted that at least three GB members sign off on material before it goes to print, I'm not sure if that was a WT quote or a report from someone on this board, I'll dig for it later.

Anyway, the point being there have been numerous errors and misquotes just over the last 7 years I've been on this board, so obviously the idiots are running the asylum up there.

• millie210
    millie210

Good point.

I was trying to think if an answer they might give to the statement in the thread title.

I wonder if they would say that the basics are in place. No trinity, no burning hell, immortality of the soul, definition of earthly class/144,000 all in place

So they might say that all they have to do is monitor.

In that case, how is the light growing brighter?

Why do the flock have to attend each and every meeting?

Why cant they just "maintain" too?

• Giordano
    Giordano

Brothers we don't need no stinking GB to write those articles it's in good hands: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/89486/franz-knorr-state-court-that-jehovah-editor-watchtower?page=1&size=10

in a 1943 court case, then Watchtower Vice-President Frederick Franz was asked the following:

Q: At any rate, Jehovah God is now the editor of the paper [Watchtower magazine], is that right?

Franz: He is today the editor of the paper.

Q: How long has He been editor of the paper?

Franz: Since its inception He has been guiding it.

Later, in the same court case, then Watchtower President Nathan Knorr was asked about the importance of the Watchtower magazine:

Q: In fact, it [Watchtower magazine] is set forth as God’s word, isn’t it?

Knorr: Yes, as His word.

Q: Without any qualification whatsoever?

Knorr: That is right.

These answers were given “under oath”, so unless both men committed perjury, it must be assumed that their claims of the Watchtower’s information coming directly from Jehovah God were at least quite sincere.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    These answers were given “under oath”, so unless both men committed perjury, it must be assumed that their claims of the Watchtower’s information coming directly from Jehovah God were at least quite sincere.

Quite sincere but full of $h!t. Sincere because they wanted to protect the WT at all costs. Full of it because they fully supported Rutherford and all his crazy nonsense that they couldn't wait for the time he was gone to get rid of all of it and never republish a single book of his.

• FadingTruth
    FadingTruth
    Why does the governing body depend on the helpers to write Watchtower articles and the information in other publications? Why does the Governing Body not write these articles themselves?

Because the editors would have a stroke reading sentences like, "Jehovah's Witnesses are the most thinkingiest people on the planet" from TM3.

• millie210
    millie210

I have a deep suspicion that no one is writing any new articles.

I think they are copy/pasting from existing articles and books with fresh intro sentences here and there.

The material doesnt have a fresh feel to it at all.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    @millie210......I think your right......no new news.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

The GB are the Executive Head Chefs, the Helpers that actually write the material are the Sous-chefs and the people that run the printing presses and do the website design, layout and production are the line cooks.

I'm not sure what you'd call the people in the video production department. The bakers? I know the guy that writes a lot of their recent music, including "The Singing Literature Cart" is Danny Baker, so that's probably appropriate.

It's all bullshit anyways, so what the fuck!?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit