Vacation Time! Going To A Regional?

by millie210 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

AND everywhere they go they are worshipped as gods among men!

but I forgot to add to my post above....what do you get to hear during all those talks? That you are not good enough. That you need to be doing more more more and giving more more more of your time and money and energy because it is never quite enough, and are you sure Jehovah loves you and you will make it through Armageddon?

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

After the last few assemblies I'd be driving home and reviewing in my head what timely, refreshing things I'd learned that weekend: got to go out in service more, need to improve the quality of my service, apostates are dangerous! Need to simplify my life more, need to have more faith etc. What new things did I actually learn? That only the (k)GB are the FDS! Oh happifying! Halellujah!

My last RC was when I had a huge WTF moment. It dawned on me that I'm not learning shit even though the bible promised there would be seasons of refreshing and the light would be getting brighter and brighter. Nope. Just do more, simplify more and be happy! It was like plugging my battery into a charger only the charger was draining an already dying battery!

To be fair, visiting with people I normally didn't have a chance to see was nice. But what I had actually learned that had meaningful, stimulating substance from 2011-2014 was a total sum of zero.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Since we've gotten our passports, we no longer wasted vacation time on Dist Conventions.

Doc

• brandnew
    brandnew

The gb are just leeches.....thats it ....non working leeches.

Mad Puppy

• cha ching
    cha ching
    I am with you, Millie.... I think they should ride bicycles like the brothers in Africa have to also... Or walk thru croc infested waters... You KNOW Jehovah would protect THEM!
  • talesin
    talesin

"I will go to this convention because it is G-d's Will, and pay for it myself." Said no Governing Body member, EVER.

They are executives of a corporation. Unlike the plebes (ie, workers), executives get free cars, flights, expense accounts for their lunches, and a plethora of benefits that the lower classes don't know about. The GB is the same as any other executive.

Let's review ... it's a cult!

(props to Oubliette)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What is that about?

Its about Corporate corruption $$$

To find the money you have to follow and locate the lies.

Its interesting that the WTS. leaders created their own protection element around themselves in that if someone starts to call bullshit onto them, they can have that person muzzled and pointed out as an evil supporter or voice of Satan the Devil.

• contramundum
    contramundum
    I know one family who save all year so they can afford the expected 'donation' to travel to the RC each day on the congregation organised coach. It is a huge pressure on their already tight finances.
    Every convention I have ever attended for work always has lunch, drinks and snacks provided without charge (often the highlight in an otherwise tedious day)
    Come to think of it, when I was a child, the food at conventions was still the highlight of the day for me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit