The Old the Young, and the Forum

by forgetmenot 31 Replies latest jw friends

• forgetmenot
    forgetmenot

I was just wondering the age of most people on this forum. I am only 18. I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there who posts and is so young. Or how old you were when you (1) left/faded from the JW organization, (2) how old you started posting here, and how old you are now.

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

I wish I was your age forgetmenot when I found this forum. Unfortunately... at 18 I had been baptized for 9 years, married, had a baby on the way and was auxillary pioneering.

I'm 37 now. I left the JWs at 33. I found this forum then, but didn't post til I was 36.

Where did all the time go? Oh yeah...JWs have a sneaky way of stealing your youth in the name of "God".

• Gopher
    Gopher

Age 39 --- I was put out from the organization. Later I determined it would be unwise to return to the organization.

Age 40 -- I started posting here.

Age 41 -- That's me, now.

Age 1000 -- When I go back to the organization again.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I remember 18

Born a JW in the 50's

I'm 40something. I stopped counting at 40. I figure it doesn't matter anyway and besides I don't want to start getting any ideas like...i'm getting old or something.

40 was not a bad year for me. It was weird but not bad. So I'll just stay 40. Heck I might even subtract a couple of years.

Edited by - plmkrzy on 21 September 2002 11:10:57

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

I was beginning to feel old until Gopher (41) posted! I'm only 40!

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

When I was 18, I went to work in "territory seldom worked" for a couple of weeks. Put in over 100 hours in those 2 weeks, and no, that was not falsified.

I got put out of the organisation at age 27. I'll be 29 in less than a month. Never going back. And I found and started posting on this forum just a short time ago...dunno...maybe a month?

• desertflower
    desertflower

I MAY BE ONE OF YOUR OLDEST POSTERS. I'M 69. WAS IN THE WT SINCE 1956. LAST MEETING WAS MEMORIAL OF 2000. FOUND RAY FRANZ BOOK BEFORE THE INTERNET. THE INTERNET HAS REALLY HELP TO KNOW YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I WAS 68 WHEN I LEFT. HAVE NOT BEEN DF NOR DA. ALL MY CHILDREN ARE STILL IN. WE ARE BEING SHUNNED. YOU YOUNG ONES ARE REALLY FORTUNATE THAT YOU ARE OUT BEING YOUNG AND STILL WORKING TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS IT IS REALLY HARD WHEN YOU GET OLDER. FEEL BAD THAT IT TOOK US SO LONG TO SEE WHAT THE WT REALLY WAS. DF

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

forgetmenot,

Or how old you were when you (1) left/faded from the JW organization, (2) how old you started posting here, and how old you are now.

If I got kicked out in 1980 (can't remember for sure--old age, ya know), I was 23.

When i started posting is under my pic--if it was after 6/27 this year I was 45 then. Still am.

`Course age isn't a number, it's an attitude. How old you feel.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I'm 50 now. Here's my JW timeline:

Age 14: Started studying
    Age 17: Got baptized
    Age 20: Made MS the first time
    Age 25: First real run-in with "apostates," doubts about the org started
    Age 26: Got married the first time, made MS the second time
    Age 27: Daughter born, moved to new cong, gave up the MS thing
    Age 27-43: Doubts grew, marriage deteriorated
    Age 43: Stopped attending meetings regularly
    Age 47: Daughter got married
    Age 48: Wife moved out, filed divorce based on her own adultery.
    Went to last meeting (Memorial 2000)
    Attended first "Witnesses Now For Jesus" conference
    Age 49: Divorce finalized;
    Started dating and ultimately married high school sweetheart I had given up for "the truth (TM) "
    Resumed incomplete college education

• COMF
    COMF

Well I'll be hornswoggled... I'm just a young whippersnapper! NeonMadman's older than me--who'da thunk it! (I'm 49 :) )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit