WT's new PRESS RELEASE

by Dogpatch 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

"The U.S. Census Bureau reports: "The number of single mothers increased between 1970 and 2000, from 3 million to 10 million; over the same time frame, the number of single fathers increased also, from 393,000 to 2 million." The October 8 issue of Awake! with the cover series, "Single-Parent Families Can Succeed" will be offered without cost in communities country-wide in order to fortify one-parent households for the challenges they contend with."

http://www.jw-media.org/releases/default.htm?content=020919.htm

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

Randy

• sf
    sf

Hiya Randy, thx for the update.

How insanely and sadly ironic that WTBTS doctrines and shunning policies were and are the direct cause of this effect.

Had I myself had anyone in that 'church' care about my well being after THEY CAST ME OUT, I would not be a part of this 'statistic'.

Ha! Nor would I NOW be 'blessed' with 'Jehovah's Love For Me As A Single Parent'.

Is that article for DISFELLOWSHIPPED SINGLE PARENTS TOO, TED? You BOYS sure have some audacity with this article and your fake concern is just that.....CON.

sKally

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

They spend more than three million hours daily around the world in various aspects of their community service.

More like their master's service.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Just like the Watchtower Bastard and Trash Society...they cause many of the single-parent families, including mine, and then lament world conditions. I am so glad they're going to give me my free copy. I'll collect as many as I can so I won't have to stock up on toilet paper for awhile. Call me paranoid or whatever but you know what this sounds like...a feeble attempt to boost their image as far as community involvement. Remember, Georgie Junior is getting ready to hand over a bunch 'o buck$ to the churches to help out with the homeless, etc., situation. Wouldn't this look good to the government agencies handing it out? The WTBS does not do anything out of altruistic tendencies...There is ALWAYS have an alterior motive!

-BONEZZ

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

Too little...too late...too reactive. Not proactive.

The October 8th magazines are already in the congregations and nobody knows anything about a nationwide campaign to give them away free.

• johnny_was_good
    johnny_was_good

Yes indeed too little too late.

This evening there was a part at the service meeting about single mothers. Why didn't they sent that mail earlier?.

BTW do I need to say that that part was boring.

• JT
    JT

will be offered without cost in communities country-wide

@@@@@@@@@@

now this is funny

Any jw who lives in a country or persons of interest or gov officials need to ask

why are they WITHOUT COST OVER THERE BUT HERE WE PAY FOR THEM

• Celia
    Celia

"Families are scenes of spousal violence, parents abuse or neglect their children, and children rebel, get involved in drug abuse and immorality, or run away from home."

So.... What's the Watch Tower Society solution to these problems ?

Become a JW and you will have a wonderful, loving family ? Go door-to-door and distribute our magazines and all your problems will disappear ? ...

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

This is rather intewresting.

Then the November 1 issue of The Watchtower, the signature magazine of Jehovah's Witnesses, will carry the baton the next leg with the article "Maintain Your Conduct Fine Among the Nations," which will be considered in all congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses during the week of December 9-15. The article's first main section, "The Christian Family," quotes from the book The New Inquisitors: Freedom of Religion and Religious Envy, with the observation about Jehovah's Witnesses: "For [them] the family is something to be especially protected." What do all families need protection from? The Watchtower explains: "Families are scenes of spousal violence, parents abuse or neglect their children, and children rebel, get involved in drug abuse and immorality, or run away from home."

This written material supplements a full year of efforts to bring family-fortifying information into every household in the United States by means of the public service announcement series, Love Builds Happy Families. The third and latest release was Teach Your Children, already airing in 26 states.

Jehovah's Witnesses have long held that the family is the oldest and most vital institution to serve as the foundation of society. For example, in 1978 The Watchtower admonished building respect in the family "because strong families constitute a solid foundation for a united society." Jehovah's Witnesses believe and teach that this fact is as true today as ever. They spend more than three million hours daily around the world in various aspects of their community service.

Media contact: J. R. Brown, telephone: (718) 560-5600

• Celia
    Celia

Jehovah's Witnesses have long held that the family is the oldest and most vital institution to serve as the foundation of society. For example, in 1978 The Watchtower admonished building respect in the family "because strong families constitute a solid foundation for a united society

I can't believe this ! Tell that again to all the JWs who are being shunned by their mother, father, sisters, brothers, aunts and uncles, and their grandparents...

Hypocrites !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit