Saturn Discussion

by truthseeker1 16 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

There has been recent discussion on Saturns, that wonderful reliable automobile. I just wanted to make sure we were all clear and on the same page:

1. Saturn are nice, reliable and affordable cars designed for WOMEN. Occasionally men will buy them, but these men fall into 2 catagories. Gay or Married. Gay because they are more feminine and married men because their wives wanted the car and they got stuck with it because the wife wants to drive the SUV.

2. Perhaps the saddest thing in a divorce where a saturn is involved is in the case where the Husband gets possession of the Saturn. Sure, he can get to and from work, but thats about it. He has NO chance of ever meeting somebody else while driving his saturn, because it sucks the testosterone right out of him.

3. Ever notice the saturn commercials? Always pointed towards women or families. usually the male is a pudgy guy who would make a great husband for that woman who wants a saturn. Their whole "No Haggle" sales tactic is to reel women in, because the majority of them want to "Shop" for a car rather than "make a deal."

4. Cars are an important aspect of American Society. There are so many choices of what car to buy, so what car we choose to drive tells lots about the individual. If you saw a guy driving around in a VW Cabrio, what would you think? Or a white Mazda Miata?? First thing that comes to mind is "Gay" (not that there is anything wrong with that) Old guy in a Vett, midlife crisis.

Thanks for your time

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

You're so silly! Everyone knows that Saturn is a Planet!

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

I ride a bike..what does that make me?

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

that makes you either a homeless person, a New Yorker or a Mormon

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I have a friend.. no really, just a friendly business aquaintance, who is a short man. Many would look at his life and say he is compensating, and it would be hard to argue otherwise. He owns a succesfull company renting equipment and trucks to the movie/TV commercial industry. He is busy as a Gaffer himself (a key position on film shoots), and owns a large building which he rents part of, and the rest houses a talent casting studio (which he owns as well). He recently took night courses and got his MBA, for whatever reason.

In terms of his business and mechanical skills, most men look like women compared to him. Perhaps it's not fair, cuz when he wants to feel more manly he can just take one of his semi's for a spin (yes, he's licensed), but day to day, he drives a 5 year old Saturn.

Btw, most "men" turn into pussies when they enter a new car dealership, so maybe the no haggle concept isn't such a bad idea for men as well as women .

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I'm sure we can all find that 1 example to counter this theory. when dealing with psychology, we look at generalities. There could be that 1 guy who buys a saturn because he like them. But when 99% of the population goes the other way, its speaks volumes to me.

• freeman
    freeman
    I ride a bike..what does that make me?

I'm guessing maybe a BI-cyclist

Freeman

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Mike,

No offense intended, but if I'm seeing the photo of your fenderless bicycle, I would guess you have a stripe of mud up your spine - that's what always happened to me.

Not that that's a bad thing.

The last time I was on a bike was before wheels were invented. We used to sit on the frame and say, "This is SO great! How could it be ANY better than this?" Then we'd get off and chase down a Mastodon.

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 20 September 2002 11:56:6

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

But when 99% of the population goes the other way, its speaks volumes to me.

Well yeah, it does speak volumes. I guess the question is, what does it say?

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

It says that the majority of saturn owners are women. Of the men, the majority of them are either gay or married and their wives picked the car.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit