There is no God.

by nicolaou 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

It had been raining and I could smell the pine trees nearby. God wasn't necessary. The clouds cleared and the sunlight blazing from above paid out a bonus in the puddles at my feet.

Bonnie wagged her tail, sniffing and investigating another spot in the bushes and undergrowth. Still no sign of God.

I sucked in enormous lungfuls of this beautiful air washed clean by the rain. I closed my eyes for just a moment and let my senses drink it all in, the feel of the breeze, the scent of the cut grass and even a trace of petrol from the council grasscutters. The sounds of traffic muted by distance and my dog snuffling a few yards away.

I don't need prayer anymore. I don't need god anymore. There is no god. I could be wrong of course but I've no good reason to think I am.

Never felt happier.

• The1975Blues
    The1975Blues

What do you think was the biggest driver pushing you towards of the belief there no God? I talk with my ex about this all the time, our break-up was very amicable and did not need any real lawyers because we shared everything 50-50, we both were not greedy and still can talk without throwing daggers and darts each way.

She said she read Cedar's Blog about the young computer programmer who changed his view from a theist to atheist, since she's a engineer it's hard for her to walk away from God but she's changed her views about the Organization and suffers sleepless nights because of the "Problem of Evil".

What pushed you away from belief in God, was it evil or crummy people?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I wasn't pushed away from god Blues. He was very real to me for as long as I had faith but when that faith began to crumble god crumbled away with it.

If I'm honest it was painful for a while, the roots were deep. But he never answered my prayers, never lifted a finger to help the people I love and never did what any loving Dad is supposed to do - be there for his children.

I was angry for a long time, at myself I think. But I'm not wasting energy on anger anymore. God is a big idea for sure, but recently we've come up with other, more fascinating ideas that fire me up and excite me more than musty old texts and deities ever could.

Tomorrow, we visit Pluto!

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

If there is a God, i'm sure he understands why i think he's not there.

He knows everything after all.

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

@nicolaou

Try not to look at your own response to the "God issue" as something being right or wrong. Instead give yourself some much needed acceptance for where you are at and permission to believe what you believe.

Freedom brings happiness. Happiness can be contagious. Bring to the world the best of you and, as up you are doing now, you will find how it can give the best it has to offer back.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Amen compaign

love the OP too. The beauty in godlessness requires really crossing the threshold into it. Then the universe and wonder of existence becomes so much bigger and fuller like jumping out of a fishbowl into the Pacific Ocean.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Yes... you could be wrong...

Maybe god is all around us, within us and in nature itself.

But I am glad that you feel happy.

• done4good
    done4good

The universe is far more fascinating when not inhibited by myth.

It makes a lot more sense, too...

d4g

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Thank you for sharing that nicolaou.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

Read what done4good said . . . . . then read it again!

You nailed it mate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit