bowen's kentucky cong? this is the gossip...

by surferdude 6 Replies latest jw friends

• surferdude
    surferdude

i got into a discussion and it swung to the famous cong. i guess someone i know who is a MTS got sent there to "help out"... the word on the street is that the "congregation was taken over by apostates"..."no one could trust anyone, and there was picketing around it". and something about the deed to the hall . i tried to straighten out the person and they seemed to understand what is really going on( i sited public sources ...ie papers and tv reports) not my inside sources!!! anyone want to fill in some of the details? i told them BILL B.'s story of resigning and all. and how they were dfed for speaking out on a bad policy. my friend was some what simpatetic.

any info would be good

sd

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

There are three MTS in Draffenville, McCullouch, Waite, and Lyons. Which one is your friend? I have seen no picketing around the Hall I drive by it every day. There are no apostates as they have certainly not contacted me. We did have a candleligt vigil for abuse survivors in May. That is a once a year event. I was a trustee on the deed but I am sure they have changed that by now, it is done by a simple vote without my approval. I think it would be unanimous. As far as the comment "no one could trust anyone" I could agree as I was about the only person they could trust. All the rest of the elders protect a child molester. Now can you trust someone like that? Sadly no one from the congregation has contacted me to date as they wish to believe those they cannot trust.

silentlambs

• abbagail
    abbagail

Interesting Surferdude. Glad your MTS friend has an open-mind. Why don't you call Bill directly and chat about what's going on?

Grits

• surferdude
    surferdude

sorry if it was confusing,,,, the mts is an old friend from ohio,,, the conversation was with another friend about the kentucky situation....

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Does anyone know if the CO in Louisville, Kentucky serves these mentioned congregations? The reason I ask is because before we went public with Bill Bowen and spoke out to the media we had stayed close with the CO who used to be in our circuit. Even in the years after he left we became "inactive", he and his wife continued to come and stay with use, even when our son was disfellowshipped and living in our home. He even ate at the table with our df'd son who was then around 20. I heard he recently was sent to Louisville, Kentucky. His name is Bill Gerity, and his wife Judy.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Silentlambs....have you ever wondered how closely they are still surveying your activities? Or if perhaps they have taps on your lines to see who might be contacting you? Given the current atmosphere of intense hatred for EXJWs, I am thinking the congregation is probably full of people who are scared to death to contact you and are at the mercy of the wolves in there.

I feel for them. They have to feign hatred of you many of them...but we all know that in our hearts we were gone long before our physical bodies hit the door and left. :)

Nice job in England by the way. Im sure that WTS rep had to change his underwear AND wash his hands after your encounter LOL!

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

ARoarer, Draffenville is in a different circuit than Louisville (3 hours away). Western Kentucky has a CO by the name of Gary Hughes. I hear he's a pretty bad one, too... Very demanding on the congs, I hear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit