Bill Bowen stikes again!!!! UK responce to Bill

by Jesika 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesika
    Jesika

He just emailed this to me. Enjoy-----

Watchtower responds, At the link below you will see the pictures of my visit to WT in . You will also see enclosed a copy of my original letter to UK WT and below it their response. Is UK WT in any way admitting any flaw in WT policy? Read the letter and form your own opinion.

Regards,

bill

http://community.webshots.com/album/50410357EOsntJ

silentlambs

Branch Committee

Watchtower

The Ridgeway

Dear Brothers,

I wish to request a meeting with the Branch Committee on September 16, at to discuss Watchtower Policy on child abuse in the I also would like to see how we might work together to assist the Governing Body in the to adjust policy for better protection of Jehovahs Witness children.

I realize this is short notice but I am traveling several thousand miles to be in your area and feel our meeting could be very productive.

Below as you will note are the added sentences that did not appear in the letter to all congregations in the dated . It has given many of our American brothers and sisters pause to see the difference between these two letters. The U. K. letter seems to go one step further than the counterpart. It states:

Our position is that the secular authorities deal with crime while elders deal with sin. To avoid a miscarriage of justice elders must not interfere with, prevent, or impede any secular investigation into child abuse. They must ensure that secular laws are adhered to. (Romans 13:1)

To that end they are instructed to contact the legal dept at whenever they receive information from even one person who alleges that child abuse has occurred. When a report is received guidance is given by the legal dept to ensure that:

1. The alleged victim and other potential victims are protected from possible abuse.

2. The council is given to report crime to the proper authorities and to comply with any additional legal requirements.

The elders know that it is the absolute right of the victim, his or her family or anyone else to report the matter to the authorities, if they so wish. (Galatians 6:5)

This difference gives credence to the following questions:

1. Why are U. K. brothers and sisters informed that all child abuse is reported to the authorities when in the they are not?

2. Why did the recent Panorama program in July, have several cases that indicated exactly the opposite occurred when U. K. Jehovahs Witness children were molested?

Page-2

3. Why has there been no acknowledgement or apology to the victims who were hurt by Watchtower Policy?

4. Why did various police officials acknowledge that Jehovahs Witnesses did not cooperate with them when child molestation was investigated in the U. K.?

Questions like these deserve an honest and Christian answer to help the public know where the truth lay. It also serves to help fellow Jehovahs Witnesses see that the local Branch has nothing to hide and is willing to do what is right by their children.

In good faith I look forward to our meeting. As the Governing Body stated in the letter to all congregations; The moral cleanness of the congregation continues to be of vital concern to the "faithful and discreet slave. (Matthew 24:45) This gives me hope we can find a productive basis to encourage the Governing Body to take the Christian course by placing the protection of our children as the highest priority in a religion that claims to be the only channel to God.

Thank you for your consideration and along with this letter goes my warm Christian love.

Very truly yours,

William H. Bowen

silentlambs

BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF

THE RIDGEWAY NW7 1RN

TELEPHONE 020 8906 2211

Mr. W. Bowen

Dear Mr. Bowen:

We are receipt of your letter dated requesting a meeting with the branch committee in .

The branch committee respectfully declines your offer to meet with them. They see no reason to discuss the questions you raise in your correspondence. The position of Jehovah's Witnesses on this serious issue is already a matter of public record. Our publications have consistently and clearly highlighted for many years that child abuse is an abhorrent and an unacceptable practice. We strongly believe victims need and deserve sympathy along with loving personal support and are already committed to doing what we can to render such assistance.

Yours sincerely,

B. & T. Society

O F B R I T A I N

Company registered In England No. 3858051 Charity Reg. No. 1077061.

Registered Office: IBSA House The Ridgeway London NW7 1RN

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Hey Bill, I think they just flipped you the middle finger.

Or for us UK people, they gave you the two finger salute.

Arrogant sods.

Ignored One.

Edited by - ignored_one on 19 September 2002 15:16:22

• Jesika
    Jesika

I was disgusted myself when I read this. I didn't expect anything else though.

• scumrat
    scumrat

The Watchtower is doing a dance. ( a bad one at that ) They don't realize that Bill and Silent Lambs are not going anywher

Sooner or later thay will deal with this issue one way or another either through government inquiry or public exposure.

• DJ
    DJ

Hey Jes,

I am not surprised by their response at all. The jw's are emotionless and robotic most of the time. They live in a perpetual state of denial because they live in fear and don't even realize it.

I may be wrong, but it seems that Bill thinks that the response showed a hint of admission on the part of the wt. Then again, maybe Billy boy was being sarcastic? Hard to tell the tone of a person in cyberland sometimes... dj

Don't give up Bill!

• amac
    amac

In being honest with ourselves, why WOULD they want to meet with him? No offense to Bill or his efforts, but how would this meeting be productive as he states? I'm sure they are aware of any information he could provide. I guess I'm just curious...if the meeting did happen...what would they talk about? No doubt stuff that both parties already know.

• Larry
    Larry

I think the BORG needs to follow their own advice "Why Should I Apologize?" - That would have been decent.

But it's all good, 'we have not yet begun to fight.'

Peace - LL

• scumrat
    scumrat

Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

We strongly believe victims need and deserve sympathy along with loving personal support and are already committed to doing what we can to render such assistance.

And how and what type of personal support do they provide? Is there training provided to elders on how to provide support of sexual abuse?

How about someone test the system. If there is anyone here who is still active or even semi-active who has experienced abuse even if it was a long time ago, maybe they could go to the local elders and ask for some personal comfort and support and see what happens.

Read your bible more

Pray more

Get to all the meetings

Get out in service more

Stay busy and you wont have time to think about how you were raped is the personal comfort that you will probably get. Not very comforting in my opinion.

It would be interesting to see if anything changes when a vicim does come forward in the future. Will they stop trying to cover up? Will the victim continue to be silenced?

• freeman
    freeman

Bill, I'm afraid your reinstatement may be somewhat delayed because of your recent actions. Bill you're just not following the JW playbook and it's doubtful they will let you back into the club again until you do. It clearly states on page 193 under the subtitle Grovling what you need to do.

Grovling: The erring brother should sit quietly in the back of the Hall, hands folded, paying careful attention to the meeting and avoiding eye contact with other members.

Clearly storming the Tower is not at all showing the fruits of repentance. (LOL)

Keep at it Bill, you have their heads spinning round and round.

Freeman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit