WT Society Makes Light of Child Abuse Crimes by Portraying them as Cartoons

by flipper 49 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"Didn't we make an animated video about this?

We care, we did something!"

• bafh
    bafh

I haven't been able to watch it yet - but do they address that the perpertrators are generally someone you know and trust, ie an elder, ms or any man in the congregation?

• life is to short
    life is to short

So what does the child say when he is in the car group with his pioneer mom, and the mom and the other sister in the car go inside a return visit and leave him alone in the car for say just 10 minutes with the wonderful MS who is reaching out and giving all kinds of parts at the meetings and who the childs elder dad keeps saying at home how wonderful this MS is and that Jehovah is really using him and Jehovah reads hearts and this MS is just praised and praised by all in the congregation.

So when the MS starts just ticking him and playing just little games with him at first nothing more but keeps trying to be in the car group with his pioneer mom and this little guy keeps hearing how wonderful and great and seeing this MS for himself giving talks and saying that Jehovah is blessing him. This goes on for weeks maybe even months. Just tickling and nothing more just paying around, the child does not really like it and has tried to tell his pioneer mom but she keeps telling the child that he is just making a big deal out of nothing as this MS is appointed by Jehovah's holy spirit and plus she kind of likes having the MS in her car group as a babysitter so she can gossip and chat with the other sisters without her little boy bugging her..

Than one day it leads to more but by than the child is so confused and bewildered there is no way for him to tell his pioneer mom and elder dad, and besides the child knows no one would ever believe him as Jehovah is with this MS. That is all he has heard for the last couple of months of how wonderful this MS brother is.

Filpper my blood presser is so high right now, I just really, really, really want to scream. I just cannot believe the insanity of this stupid so called religion. How anyone can watch this video and not be offended is beyond me yet I know only too well that every JW will.

It is just such blatant insanity.

As far as Tony saying how they take child abuse serious, is that why I was threatened with being DF'ed if I did not agree to take a level 2 sex offender in my car and go dtd with him just because I was an elder wife by the CO and at least one of the elders in my hall?

Frustrating and upsetting is beyond what I am feeling right now.

LITS

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

For those of you that are interested, here is a thread I started that shows what is typically expected/required of mandated reporters, in this case credentialed teachers in California, U.S.A.:

Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I don't know guys......I really don't have aproblem with the video per se. Its meant for small children. How graphic do we want to get. Leave it to the parents to have the discussion. I am like you all disgusted at the double standard, and more by the holier than thou attitude of these guys.

But all in all, i think the people that produced the video did fine. The blog thing, is meant to symbolize a feeling you get when someone says something from what the dad is saying. i just don't feel the outrage. At least not about the video. the fact that it is late, does nothing to change destructive policies, but merely exists as a feather ion there cap to be able to tell the rank and file that they do EVERYTHING they can to educate their children on this matter.......THAT is what has my blood boiling.

Also, elders should have mandatory background checks on a rated system (these systems already exist), and should be mandatory reporters. If not by the Gov, by JW's as a matter of policy.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Your CONSCIENCE?!!!? You CONSCIENCE can protect you? !!!

You have to be fucking kidding me.

So, basically they're blaming the child. His CONSCIENCE wasn't working properly and he submitted to a molester. Fuckin unreal. . . .

Now if you don't see it, think of it this way: if this was a video of two teens on a date, and one teen starts putting the moves on the other, IT IS YOUR CONSCIENCE THAT KICKS IN AND SAYS THIS IT WRONG!!!! I get that. BUT. . .

We're talking about CHILDREN AND CHILD MOLESTERS YOU SHITHEADS!!!!!

Consciene has not a godammned fucking thing to do with it.

BTW - I said nothing to my wife about this video before she watched. Her fuckin jaw dropped to the floor when they said YOUR CONSCIENCE WILL PROTECT YOU.

Someone should make this available to the media. It's freaking unreal.

• life is to short
    life is to short

boc very good points that you make. A small child just cannot use his CONSCIENCE and just hold up his or her hand and say NO!

I was molested as a child and did that once told my molester NO! Yeah that did't work to well.

And what about all this making Jehovah sad insanity they are throwing at children. I was with a JW last summer and she used it on her little 5 year old granddaughter. The child started sobbing saying over and over I don't want to make Jehovah sad. I was just standing there speechless. The stupid making Jehovah sad thing is really working.

So what if the older elder or trusted sister in the hall tells the child that 'if you tell you what will are doing it will make Jehovah sad'. The child is going to cave and not tell. These kids do not want to make Jehovah sad. It is like shooting fish in a barrel for child molesters in this religion I swear. They are just handed kids on a platter.

LITS

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The applied use of two witnesses to misconduct emulated from the 3000 year ancient Hebrew social guidelines , added to the ever important posturing of not displeasing Jehovah or bring ruin to his earthly organization, has influence and exacerbated the problem of child sexual abuse in this organization.

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

What breakfast of champions said...

I would add that one of the reasons JWs often couch advice in the form of victim-blaming is that they don't have a really good answer for the following:

"Does Jehovah intercede in events or not?"

If you believe that Jehovah intercedes (answers prayers) but JWs still get abused, hurt, die, etc. you have to somehow deal with that cognitive dissonance. As a JW you say to yourself "Well, he seems to intercede with the weather to make sure the printing gets done", but JWs can get killed in a typhoon. He seems to intercede to help some JWs from getting hurt/killed, raped, but not others.

Somehow, as a JW, you have to reconcile these. When it goes well, you credit Jehovah. When it goes badly, well then either (a) it is God's plan and we don't fully understand it and "time and unforeseen circumstances" and Satan or (b) put the blame on the victim.

So, when a child is raped, is it part of God's plan or did the child bring it on themselves? Which is it? Cause if I had the power of God I would make sure nothing like this would ever happen. I am better than your God. And, probably, so are you.

• Naoscillator
    Naoscillator
    BOC, the conscience line got to me too. How it even occurred to them to appeal to kid's CONSCIENCE, I'll never understand. Common sense or intuition are much better alternatives, these are things a child or adult can use to judge a situation not necessarily avoid guilt. Bringing one's one morality and integrity into it by invoking the conscience adds a weight that a child does NOT need to bear in case he or she is unsuccessful in fending off an attack. Just. Ridiculous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit