"Davey and Goliath" contrasted with "Sophie and Caleb's" indoctrination. 1950s and 1960s Sunday Christian TV vs the Cult.

by The1975Blues 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The1975Blues
    The1975Blues

"I do not mean by a Christian any person who tries to live decently according to his lights. I think that you must have a certain amount of definite belief before you have a right to call yourself a Christian. The word does not have quite such a full-blooded meaning now as it had in the times of St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas. In those days, if a man said that he was a Christian it was known what he meant. You accepted a whole collection of creeds which were set out with great precision, and every single syllable of those creeds you believed with the whole strength of your convictions. "

Bertrand Russell "What I am not a Christian"

Image result for Davey and Goliath

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

For a more realistic approach to how religious devotion can affect the mental abilities of a child, I give you..Moral Orel.

https://youtu.be/KmI8zr1urC0

• mynameislame
    mynameislame
    Not sure how your comments relate to the title but I used to watch Davy and Goliath all the time. Never realized it was religious till years later.
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

Not sure how your comments relate to the title but I used to watch Davy and Goliath all the time.

I used to watch Davy and Goliath too when I was a kid.

But in all of the episodes I ever watched, I never saw Goliath poop.

Rub a Dub

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Super Book kicked ass!!! It was banned as "false religion" of course!

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit