Shunning Rules Changed Again

by Amazing 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

I think I wanna puke.

• Wren
    Wren

Reading between the lines: "Those that simply leave the faith are not shunned", in JW think = Those who are not DF, DA, or hunted down to DF/DA YET. It's those that faded successfully up to this point in time. I understand now.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Wednesday, I had that KM up on my KM Scans site a few weeks ago. I will probably be putting it up again soon.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped
    I think you should separate that into 9 categories:

1. Publisher who is Marked
    2. Voluntarily Disassociated - Send a letter or told two elders that they no longer want to be a member of the congregation
    3. Forcibly Disassociated - Made the wrong choice in a "conscience" decision
    4. Those who "simply leave the faith"
    5. Active Publisher
    6. Inactive Publisher
    7. Publisher who is in good standing
    # Publisher who is Marked
    8. Publisher who is bad association

Here is another:

UnDisfellowshipped -- Like Bill Bowen was for about 18 months -- They spread rumors all around that you are an Apostate Liar, however they NEVER Officially charge you with any sins.

• Beans
    Beans

This is old apostate light!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=23811&site=3

Beans

Canadian Overbeer

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

The Marked Publisher category is pretty broad. "Marking" talks don't name the individual and sometimes can be so vague that the wrong person(s) could be the victim of "marking". Or a "marking" talk may be given regarding a totally innocent publisher and that person gets marked. Or a talk on the Service Meeting gets perceived by some in the cong. as a marking talk and someone gets "marked". Or no "marking" talk at all, just the good old cong. rumor mill.

Believe me, I know. I was "marked" for no reason at all for quite a few years.

Col. Bendrr, [classified]

• Berean
    Berean

Here is how the "Society" works things.

1. Puts out hard line in magizine.

2. Finds out that there is grumbling, therefore, sheds new light that explains that what was said was misunderstood. "Society" kind, load light and loving. Shouldn't grumble against those appointed by Jehovah - remember Korah, Moses wife, blah, blah.

3. Magazine articles and convention parts on how kind, loving, GB (Society) is. Break arm beating self on back.

4. Send letter to Body Of Elders (BOE) that what was in latest magazine articles (Item 3) wasn't correctly understood by BOE, refer to earlier mags (Item 1) on hard line. Evidently "Society" was misunderstood by BOE, new light is shed on hard line.

5. Verbal instructions passed on by CO and DO. Evidently. First mags, second mags, conventions parts, letters to BOE were all misunderstood by local BOE's. Harder stance needs to be taken by local BOE with the congregation, YOU GUYS ARE TOO LENIENT! Call the "Society" if you don't beleive this verbal instruction.

6. Sure enough, local BOE misunderstood and much new light is shining forth on how to handle problems.

7. Local BOE takes harder stance, disfellowships following mag .. . . no . . uh . . . convention . .. uh . . mag . . uh . . . letter . .. verbal.... uh . . . yes light.

8. Grumbling from congregations.

9. JESUS! Those local BOE's. Mag with new light - "Society" is so kind . . . new light . . . load light and loving . . . everyone misunderstood . . . remember Korah . . . blah, blah, blah . . .

Berean

Edited by - Berean on 18 September 2002 21:24:51

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    Can anyone think of any other catagories?

Yeah, what about those, like myself who never took the dip? I was a dub all my life, never got baptized tho, and walked away. Now since I never really made the truth my own, how can they shun me? But oh don't worry, they do their christian duty and make sure to never look me in the eye.

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

I printed out a copy of the web page that says those that simply cease to be involved with the faith will not be shunned. In case they come by and ask me where I stand. That is exactly what I plan to say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit