They're on my campus!

by Ephanyminitas 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Ephanyminitas
    Ephanyminitas

No! Say it ain't so. (No, don't. You'd be lying.) I knew it'd happen eventually though: Witnesses set up a table here at my university. I rode the shuttle to the campus's nexus, the U.C., and I saw a trio of JWs sitting at a fold-out table, perpendicular to another group's ("Love for all; hatred for none") table.

Then, on my way back to the dorms, I actually got on a shuttle with them. There was a middle-aged "brother" and "sister," and a dude in his late teens, who might have recognized me. (Fire Dragon, whom I am friends with, went to his congregation at one time. I am of course assuming what congregation they were from, but it is most likely this one, which is nearby.)

I thought about giving them a hard time, but chickened out. I did watch the younger one on the shuttle and quietly rejoiced that I was no longer part of the organization. Ah, freedom. They got my youth, but they won't get the best years of my life, dagnabbit!

Ephanyminitas (who wishes this stupid editor would remember that I _don't_ want to use HTML formatting!)

• scumrat
    scumrat

you should have turned over there table like jesus did to the money changers in the temple

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Lucky for me no JW's on my campus, tho if they were I would probably know them all and they would either try to talk to me and see "how I am doing" or ignore me. My money is on ignore...lol

• Celia
    Celia

Ah, the irony... They try to get converts on college campuses, then they would tell these young people that they have to give up their studies and become a full time pioneer, because the end is so close and that's what the Watch Tower god wants from them...

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

So, it appears that they are utilizing recruiting techniques, like the cult they are - trying to take advantage of young persons who may be away from home for the first time and are feeling a little lost.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Hi:

When I was at the University of Arkansas, the JWs used to set up a table at the student union once or twice a year. I visited with them one time. They gave me a copy of the Knowledge book. I went home and found a quote where the book says that the JWs were not involved in supporting WWI. I had photocopies of old Watchtowers which encouraged Bible Students to buy war bonds to support the war. When I went back they recognized me and asked me what I thought of their book. I read them the quote from their Knowledge book and then showed them the photocopies of the Watchtowers which encouraged buying war bonds. They then admitted that "some" of the JWs at that time did not completely understand the doctrine of neutrality but that by WWII that all the JWs were neutral. When they said this, I pulled out a copy of the Declaration of Facts. I showed them the quotes and gave them the reference of where they could find the Declaration of Facts in their 1930 somthing yearbook.

At this point, they got rather perturbed and wanted to know how I knew so much. One lady said that my questions were irrelevant and that they did not need me to show them these quotes because they knew what "the truth" is already. Another said that the photocopies that I had were forged and faked. I said well if that is the case, is there any way that you can verify that the photocopies are authentic. I told them that I would want to know if the person who gave me these photocopies is lying or not. All of them except for one young pioneer brother told me that for them to do such a thing would be a waste of their valuable time. The one young pioneer brother took my email address much to the consternation of the sisters that were their with him and said that he would look up the references and get back to me to see if the photocopies that I had were authentic. Of course, I never heard from the young brother so either he realized that the photocopies that I showed him were authentic or the sisters that were there told him to toss my email address and not to bother with me.

Jeff S.

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

LOL! @ Scumrat.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Get some info from "SILENT LAMBS" and set up a table beside them..LOL...OUTLAW

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

JS thx for the experience. But I have to say I was clinching my fist reading it. I still have family in the Borg. No matter what evidence you present them, even from their own publications, evidence that proves they are wrong without any doubt, they will flat out deny and hold their heads up high. There is no reasoning with them.

Ephan be glad you're getting an education and not wasteing your life. Your future family and relatives will thank you and you'll thank yourself for the education you recieved. GL to ya!

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

ephanyminitas, you could have some pamphlets made up to go after the people who just picked up something from their table. Or set up your own table with lit about mind control.

Jeff you are soooooo good.!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit