What's the worst thing you did at the KH?

by glitter 31 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I believed. *shudder*

• els
    els

I was in a program once with my sister and I was supposed to read a scripture about some prophet. I can't remember which one, but it said something about "the visions of his head upon his bed" Something about the way it rhymed, I couldn't read it without giggling. We practiced the thing a bunch of times and it just got worse and worse. We should have switched parts but we didn't so when Thursday night rolled around, I bravely tried to read it and of course I started laughing hysterically. I had to leave the platform and let my sister finish the whole thing. I think she was more mortified than I was. I spoiled her perfect image. els

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi Scully,

I am surprised that your father didn't react the way Caleb did toward his daughter. Judges 1:14-15 (New English Bible) says: "As she sat on the ass, she broke wind, and Caleb said, 'What did you mean by that?' She replied, 'I want to ask a favour of you. You have put me in this dry Negeb; you must give me pools of water as well.' So Caleb gave her the upper pool and the lower pool."

You might want to show your father these verses and maybe he will give you an new swimming pool like Caleb did for his daughter when she broke wind.

Sincerely,

Athanasius

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Entered it.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I once had a fit of the giggles and it got so out of hand my sister and I had to leave with hands over our mouths trying to muffle our laughter. Whatever it was that amused us, it was something small and silly, we were just so darn bored.

Beck

• radicalthoughts
    radicalthoughts

i remember a time when my wife was 1/2 in and i was 3/4's out...i was picking her up ..i was in the parking lot..so i emptied the ashtray of the car (which was full) in the parkinglot...we drove away watching the butts and ashes blow all around..stupid ,but i remember feeling so good about that..

• Jourles
    Jourles

One Saturday when my wife and I showed up to clean the hall, no one else showed from our book study group to help. Our hall had a realtor style combo lock box outside around the back for emergency access. I called up our bk study conductor's cell and asked him if anyone with a key was going to show up. He told me about the lockbox key in the rear and gave me the combo. We got in and promptly went to work. When my wife was doing the bathrooms, I went in and started groping on her. She was telling me we shouldn't do anything in the hall as that would "be bad." Well, don't get your hopes up people because she would not consent to the big nasty no matter how hard I tried. BUT, the one-eyed warrior did get his helmet shined that day. Never did figure that one out. She kept telling ME that I was bad. "Ooooh, you're so bad. Jehovah is gonna shrink your willy for doing that." Like I did anything, I just stood there.

• traveler_ca
    traveler_ca

this brings back many memories, but one in particular comes to mind...

we were at the watchtower study this one time, and once in a while I would tell my little brother comments to answer for the questions. But this particular time I was mad at my mom,(couldn't watch smurfs because of the wizzard, damit!) and I told my brother (who was about 6 at the time) to say "mommy poops her pants". So the question was something like how can we trust in Jehovah, and my brother yelled "MOMMY POOPS HER PANTS! into the mike. lol, I still remember the look on the conductors face. He looked so discusted, how could we disturb his precious meeting. I think I was the only one who laughed in the whole kingdom hall. So my brother ratted me out, and I got counseled right after the meeting. even though I got in trouble, it was worth it! Now I look back and I can't see what the big deal was, was that really that bad to do? I was only about 10 years old.

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Shortly after my dad was df'd (I was 8 or 9 at the time), I got into an argument with another JW kid at the hall--during the CO's visit, no less. During the course of the argument, the little snot brought up my dad's spiritual state in a not-so-nice way and implied that I was bad news as well--at which point I told her, at the top of my lungs, that she could KISS MY A$$! The CO was standing right behind me.

In addition to the apologies forced out of me and the spanking I got, my mother also washed my mouth out with LAVA soap (the stuff you use to wash off car grease). I was sick for two days. But at least I got to say it.

Jankyn

• RR
    RR

I was one of the Watchtower readers, and when the brother was doing the question and answer part, I would make faces at my wife. A few friends told the elders what I was doing. Seems I often made faces right in the middle of his sumaries, making it look like I didn't agree ... lol ... I told them, when I was questioned "what, I can't make google eyes at my wife?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit