The dreaded disfellowshiping

by link 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Big Tex said:

I still say anyone can be disfellowshipped for any reason. All it takes is an elder to notice you.

I agree 100% with you!

Just check out these "BIBLICAL(TM) REASONS" for Disfellowshipping people:

"Causing Divisions" (which really means exposing a cover-up)

"Undermining the Authority of the Governing Body" (Asking too many questions)

"Undermining the Arrangements of Jehovah's Organization" (Whatever they want it to mean)

Don't you know that these are all BIBLICAL(TM) COMMANDMENTS?

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

THE WT ORG is not important to me at all...THE ORG and JWs as well..I PREFER TO keep a reasonable distance from them -- and Have not been within 500 feet of a KH in years much less inside one and that is just fine with me.. I am a homebody person anyway..I could go into more detail but I need to write a book if you know what I mean...Take good care all...((((HUGS))))) queenie

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

Yeah cryin and all that bs.im repentant i wanna do better did me good. it really did.and when the elders were talking to me about what i need to do to get back in good standing all i hear is (blah,blah,blah). then they say....well weve managed to keep this on the downlow, we know ur a ms. and we want to keep it quiet.so all you need to do....(right then sumthin in my head clicked and said Will?....WTF r u doin?...why r u dealing with this bs??...)....next words outta my mouth were u know what fuck you,you,and you.they protested and asked me to come back and i left. so bottom line. i was one of the popular,well liked ms. in the congo. and because of my postion and my half assed repentance they were gonna let me slide....thats bs.

• pralis
    pralis

Jesus had a far more merciful way of showing compassion and justice. To the woman caught in the act he said "Go your way; from now on practice sin no more." Let the one who is sinless be first to cast a stone. And isn't disfellowshipping a form of stoning without stones? It's still ostracism. Here was a woman who was a KNOWN UNREPENTANT adultress, even Jesus knew that because he told her to practice sin NO MORE (meaning he knew her to be a practicer of sin). But Jesus didn't cast her away at all. He embraced her lovingly and showed her the way to God's open arms. There's also the story of the Prodigal Son who left his Father's house to squander his money and live a debauched life. He came to his senses later, and went home. When he got there, his Father ran to him before he even got through the gate. Now, in the JW congregation, the "father" doesn't run after you when you come home. No, you have to PROVE YOURSELF before they even welcome you back. Usually it takes a year. Instead, the JWs would rewrite the parable like this: "And when the son approached, the father first warned all the children not to associate with him. Then, with caution and seriousness, he tells his son that he must sleep in the basement until the father is convinced he's "clean" enough to be permitted access to the rest of the house. A year later, the son was allowed access to the rest of the house, but the father and the rest of the children were still suspicious of him for a while. So for several more months his father reminded him that he was spiritually weak, and still needed time before he was given any privileges in the house. In this way, my shed blood is not enough to cover his sins. He must work his way to acceptance." THAT is how the JWs behave. There is no mercy. Only a sad, institutionalized legalism. It doesn't reflect Christ's mercy, no matter how the Witnesses dress it up as "loving discipline."

• Dia
    Dia

As time goes by, I think it is getting to be more and more a 'badge of honor' to be able to say that you were 'kicked out' by Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Dia
    Dia

What a burden those elders are under.

First, being told that they CAN read hearts and minds.

Then, being expected to do it.

• Darren
    Darren

In my experience two of the elders on my judicial case spoke to my father (also an elder) before my first meeting who instructed them to disfellowship me "for my own good". So what chance did I have walking in? None at all, their decision was already made. The first meeting with them they didn't even open in prayer, which they are supposed to do.

Dia, just in response to your comment... In some circumstances I agree with your thoughts, but in other instances the elders involved get a real kick about what they are doing. The power trip is surely adictive.

Edited by - Darren on 25 September 2002 23:20:43

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit